Delaware County and Philadelphia Union Host 3-Day Voter Service Center at Subaru Park
CHESTER, Pa. (Oct. 14, 2020) - Delaware County and the Philadelphia Union have partnered to host a three-day 'pop-up' Voter Service Center at Subaru Park in Chester on Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17 between 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday, October 18, from noon - 6 p.m.
The Pop-Up Voter Service Center will be managed by the Delaware County Bureau of Elections and staffed by employees of the County. Delaware County residents are invited to stop by for a variety of election services, including:
Registration Status Confirmation
Mail-in and Absentee Ballot Requests
Mail-in and Absentee Ballot Drop Offs*
Status of your Mail-in and Absentee Ballot Request
Polling Place Location Confirmation
Pick up of Paper Forms and Applications (Spanish and English)
Answers to election questions regarding paper ballots, disabled voter services, provisional ballots, vote-by-mail options, etc.
"Delaware County is thrilled to partner with the Philadelphia Union to provide critical voting services to our County residents," said Marianne Jackson, Director of Elections for Delaware County. "The large open-air facility provides a safe venue to assist our residents with this election during the COVID-19 pandemic."
The Pop-Up Voter Service Center will allow Delaware County registered voters to request a mail-in ballot at the stadium, complete the ballot, and officially submit it on-site, that day. Residents of Delaware County who are not yet registered can complete the registration process on-site and request a mail-in ballot to be sent to them by mail. Once received, voters can return their mail-in ballot by mail, to any Voter Service Center, or any Ballot Drop Box located throughout the County (locations and times of operation to be published soon).
"Our organization is honored to be a good community partner by providing Subaru Park as a pop-up voting service center for our Delaware County neighbors," said Tim McDermott, Philadelphia Union President. "Thank you to our partners at Delaware County for their assistance in making this resource available. We encourage not only Delaware County residents, but all of our fans and citizens to register to vote and exercise their civic duty in this coming election."
This event is for Delaware County residents only, and masks are required for all attendees.
ADDITIONAL ELECTION RESOURCES:
The Delaware County Election Hotline (610-891-VOTE) is now available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. - noon. Hotline staff can answer calls related to the upcoming election, provide information about voter registration, mail-in ballots, vote-by-mail applications, polling place locations, ballot boxes, deadlines, and more.
Delaware County's New Election Website - Delco Votes! - is also now available. Users will find up-to-date forms and applications, deadlines, and the latest news regarding the 2020 General Election. Delco Votes! can be found here: delcopa.gov/vote
* Voters should be aware that, per Pennsylvania state law, the third-party return of ballots is prohibited unless the person returning the ballot is rendering assistance to a disabled voter or an emergency absentee voter. Such assistance requires a declaration signed by the voter and the person rendering assistance. Copies of this form can be found at delcopa.gov/vote.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 14, 2020
- Sporting Controversially Denied Late Equalizer in 1-0 Loss at Dallas - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw the Philadelphia Union 2-2 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Draws Atlanta United FC 1-1 - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Earns Shutout in 1-0 Win against Sporting Kansas City - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Fall to Nashville SC 3-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus - FC Cincinnati
- Mueller Scores Eighth of the Year in Lions' 1-1 Draw to NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union Draw D.C. United - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Picks up Crucial Point in 1-1 Draw at Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (1) - New York Red Bulls (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Impact Felled by Revolution - Club de Foot Montreal
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Revolution Defeat Montreal Impact, 3-2 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- Fort Lauderdale CF Draws Forward Madison FC 2-2 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United vs. Chicago Fire FC Match Postponed - MLS
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United Match Versus Chicago Fire Postponed - Minnesota United FC
- Clement Diop Returns to France for Personal Reasons - Club de Foot Montreal
- Club Statement on Fairgrounds Stadium Ruling - Nashville SC
- RAVE Foundation Celebrates Opening of New Mini Pitch at Valley View Early Learning Center in SeaTac this Friday and Previews Sounders FC VOTE Tour - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Travel to Face Real Salt Lake Tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium - Portland Timbers
- Saphir Taider Transferred to Saudi Club Al Ain FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Higuain Brothers Become Latest to Feature on Same MLS Club: MLS Week 18 News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Acquires 26-year-old Defender Jesus David Murillo - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Sign Ralph Priso - Toronto FC
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- Delaware County and Philadelphia Union Host 3-Day Voter Service Center at Subaru Park - Philadelphia Union
- Free Flu Shots Offered Saturday, October 17 at Exposition Park Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face FC Cincinnati Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jose Martinez to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Kai Wagner to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas