LAFC Acquires 26-year-old Defender Jesus David Murillo
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club has acquired 26-year-old defender JesÃºs David Murillo on loan through the 2020 MLS regular season with an option to exercise a permanent transfer from Colombian side Deportivo Independiente MedellÃn.
Murillo will occupy an international roster spot pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa, and will be added to the Club's roster upon completion of any mandatory quarantine period under local government and MLS health and safety protocols.
"As a Club, we are always looking at ways of improving our roster and we believe that acquiring a player of JesÃºs's caliber will do just that," said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. "He has fantastic physical qualities that fit how we play and will provide a commanding presence across the backline. We are excited to have him with us and expect him to make an immediate impact as we continue our playoff push."
This year, Murillo appeared in 18 matches across all competitions for Independiente Medellin. His two goals of the year came in the group stage of the 2020 Copa Libertadores, scoring in the 2-1 loss against Libertad on March 3 and the 2-0 win over Caracas on September 30.
In 2019, Murillo helped Independiente MedellÃn to its second ever Copa Ãguila title, playing all 720 minutes of the tournament. He would also see action in 38 of the team's 40 league matches, adding two goals and two assists.
In three years with MedellÃn, Murillo played in 108 games across all competitions and led a backline to a second place finish in the 2018 Liga Ãguila season. Prior to Independiente MedellÃn, the 26-year-old played in 97 games for Patriotas BocayÃ¡ from 2014-17 and 21 games for Deportivo Pasto from 2013-14.
With seven games left in the regular season, LAFC sits in 4th place in the Western Conference with a 7-6-3 record (24 points). Next up is a road fixture against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC scheduled for Wednesday, October 14 at 7:00 p.m. PT at Providence Park (YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) acquires defender JesÃºs David Murillo on loan through the 2020 MLS regular season with an option to exercise a permanent transfer from Colombian side Deportivo Independiente MedellÃn.
Full Name: JesÃºs David Murillo Largacha
Weight: 160 lbs.
Birthplace: Cali, Colombia
Last Club: Deportivo Independiente MedellÃn
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 14, 2020
- Sporting Controversially Denied Late Equalizer in 1-0 Loss at Dallas - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw the Philadelphia Union 2-2 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Draws Atlanta United FC 1-1 - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Earns Shutout in 1-0 Win against Sporting Kansas City - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Fall to Nashville SC 3-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus - FC Cincinnati
- Mueller Scores Eighth of the Year in Lions' 1-1 Draw to NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union Draw D.C. United - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Picks up Crucial Point in 1-1 Draw at Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (1) - New York Red Bulls (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Impact Felled by Revolution - Club de Foot Montreal
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Revolution Defeat Montreal Impact, 3-2 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- Fort Lauderdale CF Draws Forward Madison FC 2-2 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United vs. Chicago Fire FC Match Postponed - MLS
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United Match Versus Chicago Fire Postponed - Minnesota United FC
- Clement Diop Returns to France for Personal Reasons - Club de Foot Montreal
- Club Statement on Fairgrounds Stadium Ruling - Nashville SC
- RAVE Foundation Celebrates Opening of New Mini Pitch at Valley View Early Learning Center in SeaTac this Friday and Previews Sounders FC VOTE Tour - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Travel to Face Real Salt Lake Tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium - Portland Timbers
- Saphir Taider Transferred to Saudi Club Al Ain FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Higuain Brothers Become Latest to Feature on Same MLS Club: MLS Week 18 News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Acquires 26-year-old Defender Jesus David Murillo - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Sign Ralph Priso - Toronto FC
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- Delaware County and Philadelphia Union Host 3-Day Voter Service Center at Subaru Park - Philadelphia Union
- Free Flu Shots Offered Saturday, October 17 at Exposition Park Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face FC Cincinnati Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Re-Signs Defender Jordan Harvey to One-Year Deal
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal
- LAFC Selects Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by Adidas
- LAFC Acquires MLS Homegrown Rights to Goalkeeper Tomas Romero
- LAFC Owns #14 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft