Impact Felled by Revolution
HARRISON, New Jersey - The Montréal Impact lost 3-2 against the New England Revolution, Wednesday at Red Bull Arena. The Revs took a 2-0 lead with goals from Kekuta Manneh (13') and Teal Bunbury (20') but Amar Sejdic (27') cut the lead in half for the Impact. In the second half Adam Buksa (57') gave back New England a two-goal lead, and Ballou Tabla (90' +2') got one back in added time. The Impact will play its next match this Saturday at 7pm EDT (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5fm, TSN 690) against Inter Miami, at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, New Jersey.
The video conference with Thierry Henry, Shamit Shome and Amar Sejdic is available here: https://mls.imagencloud.com/
- Homegrown goalkeeper James Pantemis got his first MLS start with the Impact.
- Ballou Tabla scored his first goal of the season, on his second match in 2020.
- Forward Romell Quioto got his 20th and 21st assists in MLS.
- Defender Luis Binks will be suspended Saturday due to yellow card accumulation.
NER - Kekuta Manneh (Adam Buksa, Matt Polster) 13'
NER - Teal Bunbury (Alexander Büttner) 20'
MTL - Amar Sejdic (Rommel Quioto) 27'
NER - Adam Buksa 52'
MTL - Ballou Tabla (Rommel Quioto) 90' +2'
NER - Adam Buksa 57'
MTL - Luis Binks 83'
MTL - Gk-James Pantemis; D-Shamit Shome (Maxi Urruti 72'), Luis Binks, Rod Fanni (Joel Waterman 45' +2'), Clément Bayiha (Jorge Corrales MT), Rudy Camacho; M-Amar Sejdic, Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette; F-Rommel Quioto, Mason Toye (Ballou Tabla 55')
Subs not used: Jonathan Sirois, Karifa Yao, Tomas Giraldo
NER - Gk-Matt Turner; D-Alexander Büttner (Brandon Bye 71'), Antonio Delamea, Michael Mancienne, DeJuan Jones; M- Matt Polster, Kelyn Rowe (Gustavo Bou 70', Andrew Farrell 90' +3'), Teal Bunbury, Diego Fagundez (Tommy McNamara 77'), Kekuta Manneh (Tajon Buchanan MT); F- Adam Buksa
Subs not used: Brad Knighton, Henry Kessler, Lee Nguyen, Scott Caldwell
"We played this New England team three times and they still beat us the same way. We put a game plan in place that was not applied. We lost another player. We manage what we have to manage with the means we have. We have one more game before going back home recharge our batteries."
"We were disappointed not to come out aggressive and match their energy. We struggled in the past with the beginning of the games. We need to improve on this. I don't think we can make excuses. We prepared well. We were optimistic going into this game. But before talking about tactics we need to talk about desire and intensity. We all need to reflect on what we did wrong and how we could change our mentality, because it's not good enough. I'm happy James played his first game. He handled himself well and he can build on it."
"When you are trailing coming in from halftime, you know something has to change. We needed to improve our desire to win the first and second balls. We played a bit better in the second half. The coaches prepared us for the game. We knew they were going to be aggressive, but we reacted instead of being proactive in the first half."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 14, 2020
- Sporting Controversially Denied Late Equalizer in 1-0 Loss at Dallas - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw the Philadelphia Union 2-2 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Draws Atlanta United FC 1-1 - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Earns Shutout in 1-0 Win against Sporting Kansas City - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Fall to Nashville SC 3-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus - FC Cincinnati
- Mueller Scores Eighth of the Year in Lions' 1-1 Draw to NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union Draw D.C. United - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Picks up Crucial Point in 1-1 Draw at Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (1) - New York Red Bulls (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Impact Felled by Revolution - Club de Foot Montreal
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Revolution Defeat Montreal Impact, 3-2 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- Fort Lauderdale CF Draws Forward Madison FC 2-2 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United vs. Chicago Fire FC Match Postponed - MLS
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United Match Versus Chicago Fire Postponed - Minnesota United FC
- Clement Diop Returns to France for Personal Reasons - Club de Foot Montreal
- Club Statement on Fairgrounds Stadium Ruling - Nashville SC
- RAVE Foundation Celebrates Opening of New Mini Pitch at Valley View Early Learning Center in SeaTac this Friday and Previews Sounders FC VOTE Tour - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Travel to Face Real Salt Lake Tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium - Portland Timbers
- Saphir Taider Transferred to Saudi Club Al Ain FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Higuain Brothers Become Latest to Feature on Same MLS Club: MLS Week 18 News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC Acquires 26-year-old Defender Jesus David Murillo - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Sign Ralph Priso - Toronto FC
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United FC - Inter Miami CF
- Delaware County and Philadelphia Union Host 3-Day Voter Service Center at Subaru Park - Philadelphia Union
- Free Flu Shots Offered Saturday, October 17 at Exposition Park Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face FC Cincinnati Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- Contract Extension for James Pantemis
- CF Montreal Selects Giuseppe Barone at the MLS SuperDraft
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal
- CF Montreal Acquires Defender Aljaz "Kiki" Struna
- Montreal Impact Becomes Club de Foot Montreal