Dansk to Vegas; Ferguson Joins Wolves
GLENVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Wolves announced Saturday that goaltender Oscar Dansk has been recalled from loan by the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights. Goaltender Dylan Ferguson has been reassigned to the Wolves from Fort Wayne (ECHL) by Vegas.
Dansk backstopped the Wolves to the 2019 Calder Cup Finals as he handled the net for 19 of the team's 22 postseason games. The Stockholm, Sweden, native also played a big role in Chicago's third consecutive Central Division title as he posted a 27-9-4 record during the regular season with a 2.46 goals-against average.
Dansk appeared in four games for Vegas in 2017-18 and produced a 3-1-0 record with a 1.78 GAA. He also delivered the first shutout in franchise history when he blanked the Columbus Blue Jackets on Oct. 27, 2017.
The 21-year-old Ferguson also made his Vegas debut during the 2017-18 season when he played nine minutes at Edmonton on Nov. 14, 2017. The Lantzville, British Columbia, native spent last season -- his fourth -- with the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League. He recorded a 17-24-1 record with a 3.01 GAA and .908 save percentage.
The Wolves are on the road tonight to face the San Antonio Rampage in a 7 p.m. game streamed on AHLTV. The Wolves return home Saturday, Oct. 19, to face the Rockford IceHogs in an Illinois Lottery Cup clash. To secure season or single-game tickets, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2019
- Heat Push Past San Diego in Home-Opening Win - Stockton Heat
- Farabee Scores in Second Straight Game as Phantoms Earn Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Top Wild 2-1 in Shootout Thriller - Texas Stars
- Despite a Great Effort, the Rocket Defeated 4-2 by the Admirals in Milwaukee - Laval Rocket
- Chicago Wolves Earn Shootout Triumph - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Defeat Rochester Americans, 3-2, in Home Opener - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Lose Home Opener in Overtime, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Come up Short in 3-2 Loss to Bruins - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Win Third Straight - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Boyd Scores in Overtime to Lift Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Batherson Buries OT Winner for Sens First Win of Season - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Battle with Crunch Ends in 6-3 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Earn Three-Point Weekend in 5-4 OT Loss - Binghamton Devils
- Jasek's Overtime Heroics Lead Comets Over Penguins - Utica Comets
- Desrosiers Debuts Strongly, But Wolf Pack Top T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Double up Monsters, 6-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Beat Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Suffer Shutout Loss to Toronto - Manitoba Moose
- Third Overall Pick Dach Assigned to Rockford on Conditioning Stint - Rockford IceHogs
- Dansk to Vegas; Ferguson Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Set to Close out Doubleheader in Winnipeg - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Host Gulls in Home Opener - Stockton Heat
- Sturtz Reassigned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Devils, October 12 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview - October 12 at Providence Bruins - Rochester Americans
- Reign Succumbs to Colorado Rally in OT - Ontario Reign
- Moose Drop Home Opener to Toronto - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Return Home, Cruise Past Gulls 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Eagles Roar Back for 4-3 OT Win over Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Gulls Tripped up at San Jose 5-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Comes from Behind in Third Straight Game for 5-4 Victory - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.