D.C. United Draw 1-1 against New England in the Second Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament
Federico HiguaÃn came off the bench to make his 195th MLS appearance; HiguaÃn scored his second career goal for United in the 72nd minute.
Oniel Fisher made his first start for United since the 5-0 victory over Montreal on Sept. 29, 2018.
Erik Sorga made his first start for D.C. United; his second appearance for the Black-and-Red.
Bill Hamid made his 235th appearance for the Black-and-Red.
D.C. United are 34-27-15 against the New England Revolution in club history.
The Black-and-Red have recorded three consecutive draws against the Revolution
D.C. United are now in third place in Group C of the MLS is Back Tournament.
The Black-and-Red have scored all six goals this season in the second half.
D.C. United lineup: Bill Hamid; Joseph Mora, Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Oniel Fisher (Chris Odoi-Atsem, 73'); Russell Canouse, Felipe Martins, Yamil Asad, Julian Gressel (Kevin Paredes, 88'), Edison Flores (Federico HiguaÃn, 69'); Erik Sorga (Ulises Segura, HT)
Unused Substitutes: Earl Edwards Jr., Mohammed Abu, Emmanuel Boateng, Donovan Pines, Moses Nyeman, Griffin Yow, Ola Kamara
Manager: Ben Olsen
New England Revolution Lineup: Matt Turner; Brandon Bye, Michael Mancienne (Henry Kessler, HT), Antonio Mlinar Delamea, Alexander Buttner; Scott Caldwell (Teal Bunbury, 77'), Kelyn Rowe, Carles Gil (Diego Fagundez, 62'), Gustavo Bou, Christian Penilla (Justin Rennicks, 90'); Adam Buksa (Tajon Buchanan, 90')
Unused Substitutes: Brad Knighton, Seth Sinovic, Andrew Farrell, Wilfred Zahibo, Isaac Angking, DeJaun Jones, Damian Rivera
Manager: Bruce Arena
REF: Joe Dickerson
AR1: Jeremy Hanson
AR2: Brian Dunn
4TH: Jair Marrufo
VAR: Robert Sibiga
AVAR: Eduardo Mariscal
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2020
- D.C. United Draw 1-1 against New England in the Second Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 1-1 Draw in MLS Is Back Tournament - New England Revolution
- Rapids Fall Late - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja, Lions Look for Group Stage Clean Sweep - Orlando City SC
- Ulloa: "It's Going to be a Final for Us on Monday MorningÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy and East Side Riders Bike Club to Host Group Bike Ride from Watts to Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- Manager Diego Alonso: "We Have to Insist Until It HappensÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Portland Timbers in Critical Group F Match - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Launches Expansive Reimagined Kids Club Program for Kids 12-And-Under - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Nathan Harriel to Homegrown Contract - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from Philadelphia Union - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer Announces New Expansion Timeline - MLS
- LAFC Faces Crosstown Rival La Galaxy in Second Group Stage Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Faces Philadelphia Union on Monday - Orlando City SC
- WGN-TV to Air Rebroadcast of Win over Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon in Lead-Up to Match Versus San Jose Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Academy College Commitments - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Adds Corey Wray to Black & Gold's Technical Staff - Columbus Crew SC
- Servando Carrasco on Fort Lauderdale CF: "If I Want to Really Get the Best out of My Teammates I Have to Set the Example First" - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Vito Wormgoor Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Fall to Columbus, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Acquire Yordy Reyna from the Vancouver Whitecaps
- Loudoun United FC Lose 4-0 to Philadelphia Union II on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Update to Academy Programming
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 against the New York Red Bulls at Audi Field
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Regular Season Schedule Through September