Columbus Crew SC Adds Corey Wray to Black & Gold's Technical Staff
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that it has named Corey Wray as Assistant General Manager. Wray joins Crew SC from Toronto FC, where he served as the club's Assistant General Manager of Team Operations and Strategy. In his role with Crew SC, Wray will assist in shaping the Club's overall roster, assist with player development, help create and manage the Club's efforts to start a second team at a to-be-determined competition/age level and schedule format and will oversee the day-to-day administration and operations of that second team.
"We are excited to welcome Corey Wray to Columbus Crew SC," said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "Having worked with Corey in the past, I know the level of professionalism, dedication and expertise that he brings to our Club and our technical staff. His experience in partnering with local clubs and affiliates, both domestically and internationally will be a huge asset to our Club. Additionally, as MLS begins to oversee the different tiers of player development, Corey's new role will be pivotal in helping us strengthen the Crew's player development program, which potentially includes a team to bridge the Academy and the First Team as we work towards strengthening our path to the professional level in MLS."
In his role as Assistant General Manager of Team Operations and Strategy for Toronto FC, Wray was involved in player acquisitions, Designated Player recruitment, roster strategy, negotiations and club legacy projects. Most recently, Wray managed the high potential player development program including Toronto FC II while also overseeing other initiatives including local soccer club partnerships, working with Ontario's provincial soccer association, as well as working with international clubs for the exchange of players. Notably, Wray helped Toronto FC win one MLS Cup (2017), one Supporters' Shield (2017) and seven Canadian Championships (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 207, 2018).
A graduate of Brock University, Wray joined Toronto FC as the club's first-ever intern in 2006. During his time with the Reds, Wray worked as Manager of Team Operations (2012-2014), Senior Manager of Team Operations (2014-2015), Director of Team Operations (2015-2017) before serving as Assistant General Manager (2017-2020). Throughout his 14 seasons with Toronto FC, Wray worked in the Soccer Operations, Team Operations and Game Operations departments.
The Crew's third group stage match of the MLS is Back Tournament will see a match-up against Atlanta United, set for next Tuesday, July 21 [8:00 p.m. ET / TUDN, TSN, (Stream), @TUDNUSA (Twitter), TUDN App (Stream), TSN App (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)].
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2020
- D.C. United Draw 1-1 against New England in the Second Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 1-1 Draw in MLS Is Back Tournament - New England Revolution
- Rapids Fall Late - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja, Lions Look for Group Stage Clean Sweep - Orlando City SC
- Ulloa: "It's Going to be a Final for Us on Monday MorningÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy and East Side Riders Bike Club to Host Group Bike Ride from Watts to Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- Manager Diego Alonso: "We Have to Insist Until It HappensÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Portland Timbers in Critical Group F Match - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Launches Expansive Reimagined Kids Club Program for Kids 12-And-Under - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Nathan Harriel to Homegrown Contract - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from Philadelphia Union - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer Announces New Expansion Timeline - MLS
- LAFC Faces Crosstown Rival La Galaxy in Second Group Stage Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Faces Philadelphia Union on Monday - Orlando City SC
- WGN-TV to Air Rebroadcast of Win over Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon in Lead-Up to Match Versus San Jose Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Academy College Commitments - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Adds Corey Wray to Black & Gold's Technical Staff - Columbus Crew SC
- Servando Carrasco on Fort Lauderdale CF: "If I Want to Really Get the Best out of My Teammates I Have to Set the Example First" - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Vito Wormgoor Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Fall to Columbus, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Captain Jonathan Mensah to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- "Together We Rise": Columbus Crew SC Tickets for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Now on Sale
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium
- Columbus Crew SC's Regular-Season Match at Orlando City SC Rescheduled for November 4 at Exploria Stadium