WGN-TV to Air Rebroadcast of Win over Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon in Lead-Up to Match Versus San Jose Earthquakes
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC announced today that "Chicago Fire FC Encore, presented by CIBC," will air on Chicago's Very Own WGN-TV on Sunday, July 19. Beginning at 2:00 p.m. CT, the show will feature an encore presentation of the Fire's exciting 2-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the MLS is Back Tournament, providing fans with an opportunity to relive the Club's victory in their return to League play against the defending MLS Cup Champions. CIBC is the Official Bank of Chicago Fire Football Club.
The broadcast is set to run for two-and-a-half hours on WGN-TV (2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. CT) and will include bonus pregame and postgame coverage hosted by Fire play-by-play announcer Tyler Terens and color analyst Tony Meola. The pregame and postgame shows will feature game highlights, player interviews, analysis, a look ahead to the upcoming game and a glimpse into life inside the MLS "bubble" in Orlando, Florida.
The encore showing will take place just hours before the Fire play their second match in the MLS is Back Tournament against San Jose on Sunday. Beginning at 7:00 p.m. CT, the match against the Earthquakes will be televised nationally on FS1 and TUDN and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200AM. The Fire and Continental Tire's "Drive-In Matchday" will also be held that night. The event will take place on the Waldron Parking Deck at Soldier Field. Parking lots will open at 5:30 p.m. CT. Reservations are required. For more information, click here.
With the win against Seattle, the Fire currently sit in second place in Group B with three points, just one point behind the Earthquakes who have already played two games (tied Seattle and beat Vancouver). Following Sunday's match against San Jose, Chicago will close out the group stage against Vancouver Whitecaps FC at 8:00 a.m. CT on Thursday, July 23 (ESPN, ESPN Deportes, TUDN 1200AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2020
- D.C. United Draw 1-1 against New England in the Second Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 1-1 Draw in MLS Is Back Tournament - New England Revolution
- Rapids Fall Late - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja, Lions Look for Group Stage Clean Sweep - Orlando City SC
- Ulloa: "It's Going to be a Final for Us on Monday MorningÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy and East Side Riders Bike Club to Host Group Bike Ride from Watts to Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- Manager Diego Alonso: "We Have to Insist Until It HappensÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Portland Timbers in Critical Group F Match - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Launches Expansive Reimagined Kids Club Program for Kids 12-And-Under - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Nathan Harriel to Homegrown Contract - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from Philadelphia Union - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer Announces New Expansion Timeline - MLS
- LAFC Faces Crosstown Rival La Galaxy in Second Group Stage Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Faces Philadelphia Union on Monday - Orlando City SC
- WGN-TV to Air Rebroadcast of Win over Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon in Lead-Up to Match Versus San Jose Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Academy College Commitments - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Adds Corey Wray to Black & Gold's Technical Staff - Columbus Crew SC
- Servando Carrasco on Fort Lauderdale CF: "If I Want to Really Get the Best out of My Teammates I Have to Set the Example First" - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Vito Wormgoor Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Fall to Columbus, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Five Games, Earn Hard-Fought Point Versus Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match