Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United
ORLANDO, Fla. - The New England Revolution (1-1-1; 4 pts.) are set to resume play in Group C of the MLS is Back Tournament on Friday night against D.C. United (1-1-1; 4 pts.). The match kicks off at 8:00 p.m. ET at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., and will be televised nationally on ESPN, with Spanish commentary on ESPN Deportes. The contest airs locally on the radio with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action on 98.5 The Sports Hub, as well as nationally on SiriusXM.
With a win against D.C. United tonight, New England would secure its place in the knockout rounds of the MLS is Back Tournament with one game remaining in the group stage. Sporting Director and Head Coach Bruce Arena, who led D.C. United to two MLS Cup titles in 1996 and 1997, will look to improve on his 7-4-7 record against his former club. In his second season with the Revolution, Arena is an unbeaten 5-0-1 in the month of July.
The Revolution aim to capture a second consecutive victory after logging the club's first win of the season against the Montreal Impact, 1-0, in the club's tournament opener. New England claimed three points behind Gustavo Bou's 56th-minute tally, the 10th goal of his MLS career in 17 games. Marking his first appearance of 2020, Revolution captain Carles Gil recorded the game-winning assist on Bou's goal. On the other end of the pitch, goalkeeper Matt Turner - who along with defender Brandon Bye is poised to make his 50th MLS start in tonight's match - recorded his 11th career shutout in the victory.
In addition to tonight's action in Florida, Revolution supporters will once again pack the Gillette Stadium field tonight for the Revolution's second-ever drive-in watch party. Nearly 200 vehicles will take in the action in a socially distanced environment from the Revs' own home pitch, offering one of the most unique remote viewing experiences in sports. To learn more the drive-in watch parties, contact [email protected]
Revolution vs. D.C. United: MLS is Back Tournament Group C Round 2
Date: Friday, July 17, 2020
Kickoff: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort (Orlando, Florida)
National TV: ESPN (English) / ESPN Deportes (Spanish)
English Talent: Jon Champion (play-by-play), Taylor Twellman (analyst), Stefano Fusaro (sideline)
Local Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
National Radio: SiriusXM (Sirius Channel 216; XM Channel 202; Streaming Channel 965)
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Charlie Davies (analyst)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Here are some top storylines ahead of Friday's match against D.C. United. Click HERE to view the club's complete game notes for Friday's match.
- The Revolution can clinch a spot in the MLS is Back Tournament knockout rounds with a win over D.C. United, guaranteeing either a first- or second-place finish in Group C with one match remaining.
- F Gustavo Bou adding to his 10 goals through 17 MLS appearances, which rank fourth most in MLS since he entered the league in July 2019.
- GK Matt Turner and D Brandon Bye each making their 50th career MLS starts, all with New England. Turner needs 17 minutes of action to pass Adin Brown for the fourth-most minutes played in net for New England.
- M Scott Caldwell needs one appearance to equal Steve Ralston (201) for the eighth most appearances in a Revolution uniform. D Andrew Farrell is one start away from tying Chris Tierney (220) for fourth in the Revs' record books.
Outside the Booth Presented by Dan O'Brien Automotive Group
On Monday, July 20 at 11:00 a.m., Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies will host the second installment of Outside the Booth Presented by Dan O'Brien Automotive Group, the Revolution's brand-new online call-in show. The program will stream live on Revolutionsoccer.net and the club's Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Fans are welcome to call in to (855) 728-7500 to break down the latest Revolution news and action.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2020
- D.C. United Draw 1-1 against New England in the Second Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 1-1 Draw in MLS Is Back Tournament - New England Revolution
- Rapids Fall Late - Colorado Rapids
- Pareja, Lions Look for Group Stage Clean Sweep - Orlando City SC
- Ulloa: "It's Going to be a Final for Us on Monday MorningÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy and East Side Riders Bike Club to Host Group Bike Ride from Watts to Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- Manager Diego Alonso: "We Have to Insist Until It HappensÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Portland Timbers in Critical Group F Match - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Launches Expansive Reimagined Kids Club Program for Kids 12-And-Under - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Nathan Harriel to Homegrown Contract - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Acquires 2021 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick from Philadelphia Union - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer Announces New Expansion Timeline - MLS
- LAFC Faces Crosstown Rival La Galaxy in Second Group Stage Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Faces Philadelphia Union on Monday - Orlando City SC
- WGN-TV to Air Rebroadcast of Win over Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon in Lead-Up to Match Versus San Jose Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Academy College Commitments - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Adds Corey Wray to Black & Gold's Technical Staff - Columbus Crew SC
- Servando Carrasco on Fort Lauderdale CF: "If I Want to Really Get the Best out of My Teammates I Have to Set the Example First" - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Vito Wormgoor Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Fall to Columbus, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC
- Cristian Penilla Undergoes Surgery to Repair Left Foot Fracture
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 2-1
- Game Preview: Philadelphia Union at New England Revolution
- Revolution Defeat Montreal Impact, 3-2