Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye
Kalamazoo Wings Vs Toledo Walleye
Wings Event Center Kalamazoo, Michigan
Friday, April 3, 2015 7:30 PM
North Division rivals will square off as the Kalamazoo Wings host the Toledo Walleye. This will be the 11th of 13 encounters between the teams this season. On the season, the K-Wings are 4-5-0-1 versus the Walleye.
After four straight games on the road, the K-Wings will return home. With 71 points, the K-Wings are currently in third place in the division, three points ahead of the Wheeling Nailers, five points in front of the Cincinnati Cyclones and seven point ahead of the Indy Fuel.
The Walleye have been heating up at the right time. Toledo, who is 8-1-1-0 in their 10 games, enter tonight on a three-game (2-0-1-0) unbeaten streak in regulation. With 98 points, the Walleye are in first place in the North, three points ahead of the Fort Wayne Komets.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Ludwig Blomstrand (30 Goals) Kyle Bonis (31 Goals)
Assists: Gergo Nagy (32 Assists) Shane Berschbach (40 Assists)
Points: Matt Caria (51 Points) Tyler Barnes (67 Points)
+/-: Isaac Macleod (+9) Cody Lampl (+21)
Penalty Minutes: Ben Wilson (100 Minutes) Tyler Elbrecht (106 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Ludwig Blomstrand (9 Goals) Kyle Bonis (10 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Justin Taylor (3 Goals) Kyle Bonis (2 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Justin Taylor (5 Goals) Kyle Bonis (6 GW)
Shots: Dane Fox (180 Shots) Kyle Bonis (221 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Michael Neal (20%) Martin Frk (27.4%)
Overtime Goals: Dane Fox, Eric Kattelus, Shane Berschbach (1 Goal)
Patrick Kennedy, Justin Taylor (1 Goal)
Shootout Goals: Nathan Longpre, Gergo Nagy Troy Schwab (7 Goals)
Justin Taylor (1 Goal)
Shootout Percentage: Nathan Longpre, Gergo Nagy (50%) Troy Schwab (77.8 %)
Goals Against Average: Scott Munroe (2.53 ) Neil Conway ( 2.09)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.911) Neil Conway (0.928)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 44-23-4-5
Season Series: K-Wings Trail Season Series: 4-5-0-1
Last Meeting: K-Wings Lost 5-2 on March 21st @ Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio
Next Meeting: Saturday, April 11th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Forward Matt Caria enters tonight looking to extend a streak. Caria begins the night on a three-game goal and point streak.
Goaltender of the Week
On Wednesday, Joel Martin was named the CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week. Martin, who took home the award for the third time this season, went 2-0-0-0 last week with a goals-against average of 0.97 and a save percentage of 0.974.
Forward Eric Kattelus will return to the K-Wings lineup with a new look. Kattelus will be wearing his special ECHL Fantasy Team jersey, which will be auctioned off later this month on echl.com.
Home Sweet Home
Kalamazoo will be looking to extend a five-game home winning streak. Since January 1st, the K-Wings are 10-3-0-0 at the Wings Events Center.
Toledo's Shane Berschbach has been collecting points. Berschbach is riding a four-game point streak.
Turning Them Aside
Walleye goaltender Jeff Lerg has earned his fair share of victories. With 30 wins, Lerg ranks second in the ECHL in victories, behind Allen American's goaltender Riley Gill (31).
Nearing the Century Mark
Toledo is closing in on 100 points this season. The most points in a season by a Toledo hockey team is 104 points, both garnered by the Toledo Storm in 1995-96 and 2002-03.
Good Things Come in Threes
Toledo enters tonight looking to extend a three-game (2-0-1-0) unbeaten streak in regulation. The Walleye who are 8-1-1-0 in their last 10 overall games, is also riding a six-game (4-0-1-2) road unbeaten streak.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Fans can purchase tickets at the Wings Events Center Ticket Office, any Ticketmaster location or at kwings.com.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
K-Wings on the Net
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Broadcast Network at www.echl.tv . Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pregame coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your smart phones, tablets and computers logged onto the K-Wings Broadcast Network.
Saturday, April 4th Vs Wheeling 8:00 PM (Autism Awareness Night, presented by Sam's Club)
Wednesday, April 8th @ Indy 7:05 PM
Friday, April 10th Vs Fort Wayne 7:30 PM (3, 2, 1 Countdown to Fun! featuring $3 Beer, $2 Pepsi Products and $ 1 Hot Dogs)
Saturday, April 11th Vs Toledo 7:30 PM (Fan Appreciation Night, Last Regular Season Home Game)
Sunday, April 12th @ Toledo 5:15 PM (Last Game of the Regular Season)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Playoff Run Comes to End as Wings Fall in Game 6
- Game Day: K-Wings Aim to Even Series, Force Game 7 in Cincy
- Bradley, Hildebrand Power K-Wings to Game 5 Victory
- Game Day: K-Wings Host Game 5 Saturday Night at Wings Event Center
- K-Wings Tie It Late But Fall 4-3 on Wideman's Power Play Marker