ECHL Today - April 3
April 3, 2015 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
A preview of ECHL games for Friday, April 3, 2015
Gwinnett Gladiators (19-43-6) at Greenville Road Warriors (35-29-4) 7 p.m. ET
- Gwinnett's Daniel Bahntge scored his first two pro goals in last night's win at Greenville.
- Vinny Saponari leads Greenville against the Gladiators with 10 points (1g-9a).
- Gladiators are 15-3-1 when leading after two periods.
- Road Warriors are seventh with 32.29 shots per game.
Reading Royals (43-18-6) at Florida Everblades (46-14-7) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Olivier Labelle leads Reading against the Everblades with seven points (3g-4a).
- Florida's Mitch Wahl is on a 15-game point streak since Feb. 21 (3g-17a).
- Royals are league's third-least penalized team with 13.48 penalty minutes per game.
- Everblades are second on the penalty kill at home at 88.5 percent (108-for-122).
Toledo Walleye (46-14-7) at Kalamazoo Wings (33-28-5) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Toledo's Jeff Lerg is fourth with a 2.33 goals-against average.
- Lane Scheidl leads Kalamazoo against the Walleye with four goals.
- Walleye are 37-5-2 when scoring first.
- K-Wings are 6-1-2 in one-goal games at home.
South Carolina Stingrays (43-19-7) at Orlando Solar Bears (35-23-9) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Wayne Simpson leads South Carolina against the Solar Bears with nine points (3g-6a).
- Orlando's Garret Sparks leads the league with a .935 save percentage.
- Stingrays are 13-4-1 when outshot by their opponent.
- Solar Bears lead the league with 33.63 shots per game.
Indy Fuel (27-29-10) at Cincinnati Cyclones (29-29-9) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Indy's Nick Bruneteau is second among rookies with 16 power-play points (1g-15a).
- David Pacan leads Cincinnati against the Fuel with four goals and nine points.
- Fuel are tied for third on the power play at 20.8 percent (55-for-265).
- Cyclones are third with 27.78 shots-against per game.
Evansville IceMen (14-45-8) at Wheeling Nailers (33-31-2) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Jarret Lukin leads Evansville against the Nailers with four points (1g-3a).
- Wheeling's Derek Army is tied for second among rookies with 28 goals.
- IceMen are 10-2-2 when leading after two periods.
- Nailers are fourth on the power play at home at 22.0 percent (29-for-132).
Elmira Jackals (32-28-7) at Fort Wayne Komets (45-16-6) 8 p.m. ET
- Mike Seidel leads Elmira with 21 goals and 40 points.
- Fort Wayne's Shawn Szydlowski leads the league with eight shorthanded points (4g-4a).
- Jackals are tied for the league lead with one shorthanded goal against.
- Komets are fifth with 3.57 goals per game.
Brampton Beast (22-41-3) at Allen Americans (44-14-10) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Brampton's Mathew Maione leads rookie defensemen with 40 points (13g-27a).
- Greger Hanson leads Allen against the Beast with 11 points (5g-6a).
- Beast have scored 74 of their 174 goals in the second period.
- Americans are tied for second with 12 shorthanded goals.
Missouri Mavericks (25-34-8) at Tulsa Oilers (34-28-5) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Sebastien Thinel leads Missouri against the Oilers with 16 points (5g-11a).
- Tulsa's Jeff Jubinville is fourth among rookies with 57 points (28g-29a).
- Mavericks are 17-0-2 when leading after two periods.
- Oilers are 8-0-5 in games decided beyond regulation.
Alaska Aces (34-26-7) at Utah Grizzlies (33-26-8) 7 p.m. MT
- Ryan Walters leads Alaska against the Grizzlies with six goals.
- Utah's Alex Krushelnyski is tied for third among rookies with 37 assists.
- Aces are eighth with 32.03 shots per game.
- Grizzlies are 21-8-8 in one-goal games.
Quad City Mallards (34-28-7) at Rapid City Rush (37-26-5) 7:05 p.m. MT
- Quad City's Mario Lamoureux is tied for second with 18 power-play assists.
- Daniel Barczuk leads Rapid City against the Mallards with six goals and 10 points.
- Mallards are fifth with 2.64 goals-against per game.
- Rush are 25-6-4 when scoring first.
Colorado Eagles (40-22-6) at Idaho Steelheads (46-17-6) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Colorado's Colin Joe leads defensemen with a 19.4 percent shooting percentage (7-for-36).
- Alex Belzile leads Idaho against the Eagles with six goals and nine points.
- Eagles are second with 27.63 shots-against per game.
- Steelheads are fourth with 2.58 goals-against per game.
Bakersfield Condors (24-36-8) at Ontario Reign (40-18-9) 7 p.m. PT
- Sebastien Sylvestre leads Bakersfield against the Reign with five goals and eight points.
- Ontario's Matt Register is tied for fourth among defensemen with 13 goals.
- Condors are 16-0-1 when leading after two periods.
- Reign are fifth on the penalty kill at home at 86.5 percent (135-for-156).
Kelly Cup Playoffs Update
Florida can clinch the East Division title on Friday if:
Florida wins in regulation or overtime
Orlando can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Friday if:
Orlando wins AND Greenville loses in regulation AND Elmira loses
Quad City can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Friday if:
Quad City wins AND Wichita loses in regulation
Idaho can clinch the Pacific Division title on Friday if:
Idaho wins OR Idaho loses in overtime/shootout OR Ontario loses
LONGEST WINNING STREAK BY GOALTENDER, ONE SEASON
16 - Jeff Jakaitis, South Carolina Stingrays (Feb. 15-Present)
13 - Daniel Berthiaume, Roanoke Express (1994-95)
12 - Cory Cadden, Knoxville Cherokees (1993-94)
11 - seven times, most recent:
Daniel Manzato, Las Vegas Wranglers (2007-08)
MOST CAREER COACHING WINS
491 - John Marks (Charlotte, 1993-98; Greenville, 1998-2006; Pensacola, 2007-08; Augusta, 2008-09)
480 - Jason Christie (Peoria, 2000-05; Utah, 2005-08; Ontario, 2011-Present)
- John Brophy (Hampton Roads, 1989-2000 and Wheeling, 2001-03)
477 - Jeff Pyle (Mobile, 1998-2002; Gwinnett, 2003-11; Evansville, 2013-14)
342 - Matt Thomas (Atlantic City, 2004-05; Fresno, 2005-08; Stockton, 2008-13)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.