Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3
Eagles Soar Over Steelheads, 4-3 BOISE, Idaho. -The Colorado Eagles (41-22-3-3) scored with only eight seconds left in the game to bury the Idaho Steelheads (46-17-2-4), Friday night at CenturyLink Arena.
The Steelheads would begin the scoring on Friday night as forward David de Kastrozza found himself in the right place at the right time, hammering home an easy rebound to give Idaho the 1-0 advantage with 6:04 remaining in the first.
Colorado would answer just over three minutes into the second as forward Darryl Bootland came wheeling around the slot, firing a wrist shot over Steelheads goalie Olivier Roy's shoulder to bring the gave to a 1-1 tie. One minute and 21 seconds later, Idaho forward Taylor Peters came streaking in on the short-handed opportunity, danced around a defender, and sniped the Steelheads into the 2-1 lead over Eagles netminder Clarke Saudners' left shoulder. Colorado tied the game up once again as forward Kyle Kraemer made his way down the slot, sniping the puck past Roy as the Eagles pulled the game to a 2-2 score.
The Eagles would gain their first lead of the night 2:05 into the third as forward Derek Rodwell curled around the back of the net, turned around and sniped Colorado into the 3-2 lead. Idaho wasn't done, as forward Wade McLeod tied the game up on the power play, scoring on a deke with 3:39 remaining. The Cardiac Kids couldn't help but make it entertaining in the final minute. Eagles captain Trent Daavettila came around on a wrap around, beating Roy far-side to give the Eagles the 4-3 victory.
With the win, Colorado narrows the race for home -ice advantage in the first round against Ontario, now trailing the Reign by a point.
Tickets to all Colorado Eagles home games are on sale and start at just $16 per seat. Contact the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468) or visitwww.ComcastTix.com to reserve your seats today and be part of the action!
Images from this story
Colorado Eagles vs. Idaho Steelheads
Colorado Eagles Game Recap
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.