Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Aces, three time Kelly Cup champions, announced today that veteran forward Brendan Connolly has been named CCM ECHL Player of the Month for March.
Connolly, helping guide the Aces to an 8-2-2 record in March and into the top four playoff spots in the Pacific Division, captured the honor for the second time in his career. He scored 11 goals, added seven assists and finished +9 during the month, spanning nine games.
Connolly, 29, earned at least one point in seven of his eight games in March, including a pair of four-point games. He had his first career hat trick in an Aces sweater and an assist in a 6-2 win against Colorado on March 14 and posted his second hat trick (fifth of his career) in a 10-2 victory at Stockton on March 27, when the Aces matched their club records for most goals in a game and largest margin of victory.
Connolly also had one three-point game and a pair of two-point game over the course of the month.
The Canmore, Alberta native ranks second in the ECHL with 77 points and is tied for fifth with 46 assists.
Connolly has 331 points (142g-189a) in 326 career ECHL games with Alaska, Greenville and Elmira while adding 41 points (15g-26a) in 50 career games during the Kelly Cup Playoffs, helping lead the Aces to their third Kelly Cup championship last season. He has also appeared in 21 career games in the American Hockey League with Adirondack, Texas and Abbotsford, totaling four points (1g-3a).
Connolly is the fourth player, all-time in Aces history to earn the ECHL Player of the Month Award and is the first honoree since 2011-12, awarded to Wes Goldie (December).
PAST ACES PLAYERS OF THE MONTH (ECHL)
YEAR PLAYER (MONTH)
2014-15 Brendan Connolly (March)
2011-12 Wes Goldie (December)
2010-11 Wes Goldie (March)
2005-06 Chris Minard (December)
The Aces are the official ECHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild of the NHL. Season ticket and sponsorship packages are currently available through the Aces office at 15th & Gambell. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey or visit them on Twitter, @AlaskaAces.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.