Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors
When: TONIGHT at 7:00 P.M.
Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC
Listen: WDUN - WDUN.com, 'Listen,' Stream 3; Gladiators Broadcast Network - www.gwinnettgladiators.com/radio, www.mixlr.com/gladiators-radio, Mixlr app (Gladiators Radio)
Video Highlights: Highlights will be available at the conclusion of the game on ECHL.TV
DULUTH, Ga. - The Gladiators (19-43-3-3) look for three straight wins at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena tonight as they take on the Greenville Road Warriors (35-29-1-3) once again at 7:00 p.m. On December 27th, the Gladiators took a tight 3-2 decision, winning the game in the last four minutes of the third. Last night was another close, one-goal affair, but this time the Gladiators took the lead in the last four minutes of the second period thanks to Daniel Bahntge's second goal of the night. It was up to Mike Lee to shut the door, and he did so, going 34 for his last 34 in the crease.
The New Guys: Rookies Tyler Shiplo, Justin Buzzeo, and Daniel Bahntge have all chipped in to the new Gladiators' offense since debuting last week. Shiplo notched his first professional point on an assist on Sunday. Buzzeo scored his first pro goal in his debut on Saturday, and added an assist the next game. And Bahntge had an assist in his debut on March 27th, and then two goals last night.
College Party: The Gladiators are well represented amongst the NCAA hockey teams competing in this year's tournament. Goaltenders Mike Lee (St. Cloud State) and Kent Patterson (Minnesota), forward Geoff Paukovich (Denver), and defenseman Patrick MacGregor (Boston University) all had their alma maters competing for the trophy. Only MacGregor's BU is still alive in the tournament.
Gladiators Ahoy: Three players currently on the Gladiators roster have been assigned from their AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates - Dan O'Donoghue, Greg Carey, and Mike Lee - and nine more - Joel Hanley (POR), Louis Domingue (POR), Jordon Southorn (POR), James Melindy (POR), Dyson Stevenson (POR/BRI), Bretton Stamler (HFD), Casey Pierro-Zabotel (NOR), Joe Stejskal (IAW), and Kent Patterson (OKC) - have spent time in the AHL this year.
Milestones: Captain Sean Berkstresser achieved his 200th pro point on Sunday ... Geoff Paukovich played in his 450th professional game last night ... Scott Arnold is two games from his 150th professional contest ... Tyler Murovich achieved his 150th pro point on an assist Saturday night. He has scored just over half of his career points while as a Gladiator (76) ... Daniel Bahntge scored his first and second professional goals in last night's game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net