Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m.
Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - 7:35 p.m. at BOK Center
October 31 - Missouri 4 at Tulsa 3 (OT)
November 4 - Missouri 5 at Tulsa 4
November 15 - Missouri 7 at Tulsa 4
November 21 - Tulsa 4 at Missouri 1
December 6 - Tulsa 1 at Missouri 2
January 23 - Tulsa 2 at Missouri 4
February 10 - Tulsa 3 at Missouri 7
March 3 - Tulsa 3 at Missouri 6
Overall: 34-28-2-3 (73 points)
Rank: 4th in Central Division
Overall: 25-34-4-4 (58 points)
Rank: 6th in Central Division
SERIES LEADERS - OILERS VS. MAVERICKS
Goals: Adam Pleskach - 7
Assists: Scott Macaulay - 7
Points: Adam Pleskach, Jon Booras - 9
PIM: Tommy Mele - 30
+/-: Dave Pszenyczny - EVEN
Goals: Andrew Courtney - 6
Assists: Sebastien Thinel - 11
Points: Sebastien Thinel - 16
PIM: Ryley Grantham - 28
+/-: Lindsay Sparks +8
MATCHING UP WITH THE MAVS
The Oilers and Mavericks face off in the ninth meeting of the season and for the first time at the BOK Center since November 15. Tonight is the first of back-to-back games between the two clubs as the season series will conclude on Saturday night at the BOK Center. Tulsa has only one win (1-6-1) in the previous eight contests against Missouri and the Mavericks have won four in a row over the Oilers. The Mavs hold a 36-24 edge in goals scored and have posted four goals or more in six of the eight prior meetings. Adam Pleskach and Jon Booras have each recorded nine points against the Mavericks this season while Sebastien Thinel leads Missouri with 16 points in eight games against Tulsa.
THORN IN THEIR SIDE
Going back to the start of the 2013-14 season, the Oilers have captured just three wins in their last 17 outings against the Mavericks. Tulsa has not defeated Missouri at the BOK Center since February 1, 2013.
Tuesday night, the Oilers began their final home stand of the regular season with a disappointing 5-1 loss to the Allen Americans. Chad Costello, the ECHL's leading scorer, tallied two goals and an assist to lead the Americans to victory in the season series finale. Jon Booras notched the lone goal of the game for the Oilers who managed only 22 shots on net.
DOWN THE STRETCH WE GO
With five games remaining in the regular season, the Oilers hold a three-point lead over the Wichita Thunder for the fourth and final playoff spot in the Central Division. Tulsa is just two points back of third-place Quad City with two games in hand on the Mallards. Wichita is idle tonight while Quad City faces off against Rapid City at 8:05 p.m. (CST). Allen and Rapid City have clinched playoff berths.
STEADY IN SPRING
The Oilers went 7-4-1 in March, their third consecutive month with a winning record. Tulsa has posted records of above .500 in five of the six months this season.
MEMORABLE MONTH FOR CARR
March was the most successful month in the young career of Oilers' rookie goaltender, Kevin Carr. In nine appearances in March, the 24-year old posted a 7-2-0 record with a 1.88 goals against average and a .925 save-percentage.
SPECIAL TEAMS UPDATE
After three straight games without a power play goal, the Oilers snapped an 0-for-12 power play slump with a man-advantage goal against Allen on Tuesday. Tulsa's penalty kill has allowed a power play goal in three consecutive contests and four of the last five but still managed to finish March with an overall success rate of 88.4-percent.
With one more victory, the Oilers will equal the highest win total of the Bruce Ramsay era (35)...Kevin Noble is playing in his 100th career game tonight...Adam Pleskach's three-game goal streak was snapped on Tuesday against Allen...Jon Booras is three games shy of 600 for his career...Drew Fisher appeared in his 200th pro game last Sunday in Wichita.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2015
- Eagles Soar over Steelheads, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 4-1; Home Finale Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Lagace Returns, Stops 39, and Condors Win 3-2 in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Penalty Troubles Wrangles in Beast - Brampton Beast
- Rush Valiant In Tight Battle, Fall In Shootout To Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Late Strike Sinks Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Survive Mavericks' Surge in 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Edge 'Blades in the Third Period - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Topped 6-4 by Tulsa Mavericks Second Period Rally Not Enough to Outdo Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Explode for 8 Goals in An 8-1 Win over Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Mallards - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Fall in Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Edge Rush in Shootout, Close in on Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Hammer Nailers in Dominating 6-1 Win - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Leave Nailers with Cold Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye clip K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- 'Clones Outlast Fuel 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Hold on for 4-3 Victory over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cajkovsky Provides Overtime Heroics for Stingrays in Triumph over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Go Perfect for Germain Arena with 5-3 Win over Florida - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Scorch Fuel, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Comeback Falls Short, 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Mavericks Sign Derik Johnson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Announce Date for End of Season Event - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Missouri Mavericks - Tonight at 7:35 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Brendan Connolly Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Former Thunder Goalie Bunz Makes NHL Debut - Stockton Thunder
- Tyler Bunz Becomes 12th Condor to Make NHL Debut - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bunz Makes Thunder History in NHL Debut - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. IceMen Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals and Komets Clash for Final Time this Season - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Florida Everblades - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Fullerton, Jackals Halt Three-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Close Regular-Season Series Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.