Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, official ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, have acquired C Brett Pilkington from the Trenton Devils in exchange for future considerations. They have also signed rookie F Nick Pernula. The announcements were made by Head Coach Marty Raymond.
Pilkington, 24, is in his third professional campaign and has eight points (1g-7a) in 14 games between Elmira and Trenton this season. The Calgary native had 8g-36a-44pts in 61 ECHL games last season, primarily with the Elmira Jackals. He added one assist in two American Hockey League games as well. Pilkington recorded 29 goals and 73 points during his rookie season, spent in the United Hockey League. He had 90 points (28g-62a) in 131 games at Bowling Green State University from 2002-06.
Pernula (per-NOO-lah), 24, has played four games with the Richmond Renegades of the Southern Professional Hockey League this season, recording eight points (2g-6a). The Maple Grove, Minnesota, native played three seasons at St. Thomas College, where he led his team in scoring as a junior and senior, combining for 90 points in his final two campaigns. Pernula also played at Robert Morris University, where he was teammates with Condors D Chris Kaufman in 2004-05, and in the United States Hockey League.
What Marty Raymond is saying:
"We felt we needed to add some skill up front," said Raymond. "These two guys are talented players and will certainly help us out. Pilkington especially can step in and be a first line guy." Additionally, G Dave McKee has been reassigned to Bakersfield by the Iowa Chops, the AHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks. D Kevin Truelson has also been activated from the 3-IR, and is expected to make his season debut in Alaska tonight, while G Yutaka Fukufuji has been placed on the 3-IR, and is eligible to be activated on Friday. LW Bobby Bolt remains on the 7-IR and is eligible to be activated on Saturday, and C Dave Bonk remains on the 30-IR and is eligible to be activated on Dec. 22.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2008
- Salmon Kings Fall to Reign - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Beat Utah in Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Settle For Point In Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall In Tight Battle With Johnstown, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Skate Past Wranglers 6-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Outlast Wranglers 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road - Dayton Bombers
- Chiefs Power Past Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Second Period Stuns Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win 3-1 to Extend Winning Streak to 5 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Quiet Jackals 7-2 - Florida Everblades
- Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Warm Up For Thunder Hockey With Cold Crawl - Stockton Thunder
- Hamilton Loaned to Houston - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patrick Wellar Returned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida's Micflikier Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- McArdle, Smolenak Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 374 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut - Florida Everblades
- Abbott and Zucker to Participate in Principal for a Day Program - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Weekend Double Header Starts Friday - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers Announce Schedule Change - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Edged By Falcons - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Shutout Wranglers, 1-0 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.