Checkers Announce Schedule Change
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -The Charlotte Checkers announced a change in the schedule due to the unfortunate situation with the Augusta Lynx.
Checkers COO Tera Black said today that the team will be forced to cancel Thursday night's home game against the Gwinnett Gladiators based on an overall schedule reformatting. This game will be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined. All season ticket holders or fans that purchased tickets for this game will be able to turn in those tickets for the makeup game or any other Checkers home game.
The team will play South Carolina as scheduled at Time Warner Cable Arena on Friday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. for Go Red Night. The following night, the team will travel to South Carolina to battle the Stingrays at 7:05 p.m. On Sunday, Dec. 7 at 4:05 p.m. the Checkers will play the Gladiators in Gwinnett as scheduled. The remaining home dates for the Checkers will remain unchanged for the rest of the month.
League officials are working diligently to ensure that schedule revisions will be minimal. Fans and media will be notified immediately regarding further schedule changes with the Charlotte Checkers. Fans can contact the Checkers ticket staff for more information at 704-342-4423.
Road changes for the Checkers are as follows:
Friday, Dec. 19
Delete Augusta at Charlotte
Add Gwinnett at Charlotte
Sunday, Dec. 21
Delete Augusta at Charlotte
Add South Carolina at Charlotte
The Checkers are getting ready for their 16th season of play as a member of the ECHL. The next home game will take place on Dec. 5 against the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:00 p.m. start. In the team's 15-year history, the Checkers have made the playoffs 11 times including four consecutive playoff appearances to date. The Checkers are entering their fourth season of play at Time Warner Cable Arena. Season tickets are on sale now with full-season packages starting at just $396. For season ticket information, please call 704-342-4-ICE or visit www.gocheckers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2008
- Salmon Kings Fall to Reign - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Beat Utah in Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Settle For Point In Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall In Tight Battle With Johnstown, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Skate Past Wranglers 6-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Outlast Wranglers 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road - Dayton Bombers
- Chiefs Power Past Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Second Period Stuns Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win 3-1 to Extend Winning Streak to 5 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Quiet Jackals 7-2 - Florida Everblades
- Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Warm Up For Thunder Hockey With Cold Crawl - Stockton Thunder
- Hamilton Loaned to Houston - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patrick Wellar Returned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida's Micflikier Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- McArdle, Smolenak Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 374 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut - Florida Everblades
- Abbott and Zucker to Participate in Principal for a Day Program - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Weekend Double Header Starts Friday - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers Announce Schedule Change - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Edged By Falcons - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Shutout Wranglers, 1-0 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.