Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road
Cincinnati, OH - The Dayton Bombers were defeated 3-1 by the Cincinnati Cyclones tonight in the first of four meetings between the in-state rivals this month.
The game opened at a slow pace, with neither team registering a shot for nearly five minutes. Cincinnati picked things up late in the period, eventaully outshooting the Bombers 10-4 in the frame, but the game remained scoreless after 20 minutes of play.
In the second it was the Cyclones that struck first, with Barrett Ehgoetz scoring at the 12:00 mark. The Bombers would outshoot Cincinnati 9-8 in the period but trailed 1-0 at the end of the second period.
Defenseman Joe Van Culin put the Bombers on the board less than two minutes into the third with a power play goal, his third of the season, assisted by Justin Bowers and Jim Henkemeyer. The game would remain knotted at one for more than 10 minuntes until Cincinnati's Kyle Rank intercepted a Bombers pass while shorthanded for his fourth goal of the year. The Cyclones would increase their lead to two when leading scorer Olivier Latendresse jammed in a rebound with under three minutes remaining.
The Bombers' Tyler Plante was 26 of 29 on the night, while Cincinnati's Martin Houle went 22 of 23. The Bombers were 1 of 4 on the power play and 1 of 2 on the penalty kill.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2008
- Salmon Kings Fall to Reign - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Beat Utah in Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Settle For Point In Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall In Tight Battle With Johnstown, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Skate Past Wranglers 6-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Outlast Wranglers 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road - Dayton Bombers
- Chiefs Power Past Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Second Period Stuns Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win 3-1 to Extend Winning Streak to 5 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Quiet Jackals 7-2 - Florida Everblades
- Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Warm Up For Thunder Hockey With Cold Crawl - Stockton Thunder
- Hamilton Loaned to Houston - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patrick Wellar Returned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida's Micflikier Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- McArdle, Smolenak Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 374 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut - Florida Everblades
- Abbott and Zucker to Participate in Principal for a Day Program - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Weekend Double Header Starts Friday - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers Announce Schedule Change - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Edged By Falcons - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Shutout Wranglers, 1-0 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.