Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week
ESTERO, FL - The Florida Everblades are proud to announce that the ECHL has named forward Jacob Micflikier the In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for Nov. 24-30.
Micflikier had two game-winning goals and nine points (5g-4a) to help Florida go 3-1-0 and improve to 9-1-0 in the last 10 games.
He scored the game-winning goal and had three points (2g-1a) in a 5-0 win at Gwinnett on Nov. 25 and tallied the game winner and added an assist in a 4-0 win at Reading on Nov. 28. He had two power-play goals and an assist in a 7-6 loss at Trenton on Nov. 29 and closed out the week registering an assist in a 4-3 overtime road win against league leader Johnstown on Nov. 30.
Since being assigned to Florida by Rocheser of the American Hockey League on Nov. 22, the 24 year old has a five-game point streak (7g-8a) and a five-game assist streak (8a). He has played seven games for the Everblades and is second on the team with 17 points and tied for third with seven goals and 10 assists.
He was selected to play in the 2008 ECHL All-Star Game as a rookie, but was unable to play after being injured in an AHL game with Springfield where he had five points (1g-4a) in eight games. Micflikier had 37 points (10g-27a) in 29 regular season games with Stockton in 2007-08 and led the Thunder in the Kelly Cup Playoffs with nine assists, 13 points and a plus-minus rating of +7 in six games.
BEWARE OF THE BITE! Action You Can Sink Your Teeth Into! Individual tickets to all Everblades home games are on sale now! Visit the Germain Arena Box Office M-F from 10-6 to purchase tickets, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com. Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com or call 239-948-PUCK for more information on group ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
The Everblades return to action on Wednesday, December 3 when they travel to Elmira to take on the Jackals from First Arena at 7:05 p.m.! The Everblades' next home game is Friday, December 12 when they host the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2008
- Salmon Kings Fall to Reign - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Beat Utah in Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Settle For Point In Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall In Tight Battle With Johnstown, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Skate Past Wranglers 6-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Outlast Wranglers 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road - Dayton Bombers
- Chiefs Power Past Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Second Period Stuns Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win 3-1 to Extend Winning Streak to 5 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Quiet Jackals 7-2 - Florida Everblades
- Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Warm Up For Thunder Hockey With Cold Crawl - Stockton Thunder
- Hamilton Loaned to Houston - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patrick Wellar Returned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida's Micflikier Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- McArdle, Smolenak Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 374 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut - Florida Everblades
- Abbott and Zucker to Participate in Principal for a Day Program - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Weekend Double Header Starts Friday - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers Announce Schedule Change - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Edged By Falcons - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Shutout Wranglers, 1-0 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.