#COLvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know
Thirteenth-place FC Dallas (2-6-5, 11 points) visits fourth-place Colorado Rapids (6-3-3, 21 points) on Wednesday, July 21 at 8:00PM CT. It's the third and final meeting between the teams this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #COLvDAL
TV: 8:00PM on TXA 21 and FCDTV Network (English)
Streaming: 8:00PM on FCDallas.com/Stream
Radio: 8:00PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
5 Things to Know about #COLvDAL
Dallas returns to Dick's Sporting Goods Park to face the Colorado Rapids for the third and final time this season. Dallas opened its 2021 campaign with a scoreless home draw against the Rapids before falling 3-0 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park a little over a month later. Now, FCD has a chance to return the favor and get its first victory on the road against what's becoming a familiar opponent in Colorado.
Midfielder Paxton Pomykal started FCD's previous game and played 82 minutes, his longest runout since September 29, 2019. The Homegrown playmaker looked close to his best and was Dallas' most creative player on the night, nearly setting up Ricardo Pepi for the opener, but the teenager's shot struck the post. While he's still gaining match fitness after offseason surgery, Pomykal seems to be recapturing his 2019 form that saw him named an MLS All-Star.
The ongoing Concacaf Gold Cup tournament will affect both teams for Wednesday's game. FC Dallas will be without midfielder Bryan Acosta who's away with Honduras for its Gold Cup campaign. Colorado will be missing the trio of midfielder Kellyn Acosta, forward Jonathan Lewis and defender Sam Vines who are all away with the U.S. Men's National Team.
FC Dallas' all-time regular season record against Colorado is 34-25-18 (117 GF, 96 GA). Dallas' all-time away record against the Rapids is 9-17-11 (46 GF, 55 GA). Dallas hasn't won at Colorado's Dick's Sporting Goods Park in its last seven games dating back to April 2015.
The Rapids currently sit in fourth place in the Western Conference with a 6-3-3 record (21 points). Former FCD winger Michael Barrios is Colorado's joint-leading goal scorer with three goals from 12 games (tied with Diego Rubio and Cole Basset). Barrios is also the Rapids' join-leading assister with four (tied with Jack Price).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 21, 2021
- LAFC Loses 2-1 in Portland on Late Timbers Goal - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Settle for 2-2 Draw with LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Strikes Late in 1-1 Draw vs. San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Falls 2-0 to Colorado Rapids - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Draws FC Cincinnati 1-1 - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Draw 2-2 against Chicago Fire FC on the Road - D.C. United
- Quakes extend unbeaten streak to three matches - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville Soccer Club Earns Road Point against Defending MLS Cup Champions - Nashville SC
- Revolution Rout Inter Miami CF, 5-0, for Second Straight Win - New England Revolution
- New York and Toronto Draw 1-1 at BMO Field on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC and D.C. United Battle to 2-2 Draw at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls 0-5 to New England Revolution - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC (1) - New York Red Bulls (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Orlando City SC Statement Regarding Forward Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Face Sporting Kansas City Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Wilf Family Completes Purchase of Orlando City Soccer Club and Orlando Pride - Orlando City SC
- #COLvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Take Me Home: Vancouver Whitecaps FC Are Coming Back to Canada - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Schedule Change: Vancouver Whitecaps vs Austin FC Moved to September 4 - Austin FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Caiser Gomes on Loan from North Texas SC - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Second Annual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser - Chicago Fire FC
- NI Announced as Official Sponsor of Austin FC - Austin FC
- Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team Camp During 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Draw 0-0 with Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- 'Caps, Houston Finish off Scoreless Draw - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal
- Zac Brown Band to Headline 2022 National Soccer Hall of Fame Weekend
- FC Dallas and Minnesota United FC Split Points in Scoreless Draw
- National Soccer Hall of Fame Inducts 2020, 2021 Classes
- Bryan Acosta Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers