Chicago Fire FC Announce Second Annual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of Chicago Fire Football Club, today announced the launch of its second annual fundraiser, "RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S." The annual fundraiser will begin today and run through Saturday's match against Toronto FC at Soldier Field.
Saturday's match will be dedicated to celebrating the Chicago community and raising awareness and resources to fuel the Foundation's sports-based youth and direct-service programs in our city's most under-resourced communities. Beginning today, fans can purchase 50/50 raffle tickets to support the P.L.A.Y.S. Program by visiting Fire5050.com. The 50/50 raffle will feature a guaranteed jackpot of $20,000, the largest in Club history.
Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Fire Foundation's award-winning P.L.A.Y.S. (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) Program, which aims to enhance the academic performance and development of key social and emotional (SEL) skills of elementary school students through a sports-based curriculum.
Additionally, as part of the unique fundraising format, the Club's broadcast on WGN-TV and CFFC Live and the in-stadium video boards will feature stories of the many lives touched through the Foundation's programs and the ways fans across Chicago can lend support. Chicago Fire players, coaches, broadcast commentators and staff will shine a spotlight on the expansive P.L.A.Y.S. Program and the Club's commitment to serving Chicago and creating safe places for kids to play.
The signature program of the Fire Foundation, P.L.A.Y.S. is helping to change the trajectory of underserved youth in Chicago through innovative and enriching sports-based programming. Recognizing two major voids within the Chicago community, P.L.A.Y.S. was created to address the lack of after-school programming and the need to improve academic performance in Chicago Public Schools. Through a soccer and SEL-based curriculum, program participants engage in five out-of-school hours per week over 10 weeks and participate in three game days. P.L.A.Y.S. has engaged more than 4,000 students since the inception of the program in 2013.
Fans can also donate directly to the P.L.A.Y.S. Program. Additional information on the Chicago Fire Foundation can be found.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 21, 2021
- LAFC Loses 2-1 in Portland on Late Timbers Goal - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Settle for 2-2 Draw with LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Strikes Late in 1-1 Draw vs. San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Falls 2-0 to Colorado Rapids - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Draws FC Cincinnati 1-1 - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Draw 2-2 against Chicago Fire FC on the Road - D.C. United
- Quakes extend unbeaten streak to three matches - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville Soccer Club Earns Road Point against Defending MLS Cup Champions - Nashville SC
- Revolution Rout Inter Miami CF, 5-0, for Second Straight Win - New England Revolution
- New York and Toronto Draw 1-1 at BMO Field on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC and D.C. United Battle to 2-2 Draw at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls 0-5 to New England Revolution - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC (1) - New York Red Bulls (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Orlando City SC Statement Regarding Forward Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Face Sporting Kansas City Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Wilf Family Completes Purchase of Orlando City Soccer Club and Orlando Pride - Orlando City SC
- #COLvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Take Me Home: Vancouver Whitecaps FC Are Coming Back to Canada - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Schedule Change: Vancouver Whitecaps vs Austin FC Moved to September 4 - Austin FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Caiser Gomes on Loan from North Texas SC - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Second Annual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser - Chicago Fire FC
- NI Announced as Official Sponsor of Austin FC - Austin FC
- Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team Camp During 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Draw 0-0 with Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- 'Caps, Houston Finish off Scoreless Draw - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Fire FC Adds Knox Fortune, DJ King Marie, DJ Step to Lineup for "Ten/Eight: A Night at the Metro with Chicago Fire FC in Partnership with Heineken"
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-2 to New England Revolution at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26
- Chicago Fire FC Concludes Six-Game Road Trip with 2-0 Loss to CF Montréal at Stade Saputo
- Chicago Fire FC Lose 3-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field