Chihuahuas Drub Memphis 13-1
Carlos Asuaje hit the second cycle in El Paso Chihuahuas history Saturday in a 13-1 win over the Memphis Redbirds. It was the first cycle of Asuaje's professional career. The Chihuahuas' previous cycle was hit by Taylor Lindsey on July 19, 2016, also in a home game against the Redbirds.
The Chihuahuas scored six times in a 10-batter bottom of the second inning and the Redbirds never mounted a comeback threat for the remainder of the game. El Paso added multiple runs in the fourth, seventh and eighth innings. Asuaje finished the night 4-for-5 with five RBIs. El Paso catcher Brett Nicholas went 3-for-5 with three RBIs in the win.
All nine spots in the El Paso batting order reached base on a hit or a walk. Luis Perdomo allowed one run in six innings to record his fourth win. Brothers Luis and Ramon Urias played against each other in the game.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/redbirds-vs-chihuahuas/2018/06/16/542606#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT2606
Team Records: Memphis (41-28), El Paso (34-35)
Next Game: Sunday, 6:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Memphis RHP Chris Ellis (0-0, 0.00) vs. El Paso RHP Seth Simmons (0-0, 1.69). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 13 Memphis 1 - Saturday
WP: Perdomo (4-2)
LP: Poncedeleon (5-3)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2018
- Chasers Take Opener in Reno, 9-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Fall to Isotopes in Slugfest - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Drub Memphis 13-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Open Series with 8-1 Win Against 51s - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Rally Late To Defeat Cubs, 5-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Roughed up by Chihuahuas - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Edged by Rainiers in Series Opener - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Fall to Bees in Series Opener Saturday - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Pitching Shines in Colorado Springs - Salt Lake Bees
- Trent Thornton flirts with a no-hitter through 7.2 hitless, 8.0 shutout innings on Saturday night in Texas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Barley Avoids No-Hitter in 6-1 Loss to Fresno - Round Rock Express
- Camarenaâ??s tough start digs a hole for River Cats early in 4-3 loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Guerra Dominant in Save, Cakes Hold off Sacramento - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Honored by Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame as "Professional Team of the Year" - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Omaha - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-33) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-35) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-27) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Texas Rangers INF Elvis Andrus Begins Rehab in Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- OKC Takes Series from Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Slaughter I-Cubs, Win Fourth Consecutive Series - Reno Aces
- Aces Trump I-Cubs, Take Series 2-1 - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers Take Series from Omaha, 5-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Marjama, Lawrence Lead Rainiers To 5-2 Victory Over Omaha - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mateo's Homer in 10th Leads Sounds to Win - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Rally but Fall in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.