Chihuahuas Rally but Fall in 10
Nashville's Jorge Mateo hit a two-run home run in the top of the 10th inning to give the Sounds an 8-6 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas Friday night. The Chihuahuas scored three times in the bottom of the ninth to force extra innings. Nashville took the series two games to one. El Paso now has a 1-2 extra-inning record.
Allen Craig went 3-for-5 and hit a solo home run in the eighth inning, his ninth homer of the year. San Diego Padres outfielder Wil Myers went 1-for-4 with an infield single in the second game of his MLB injury rehab assignment, while his Padres teammate Franchy Cordero went 0-for-3 with two walks in his second injury rehab game.
Nashville hit six doubles Friday night. El Paso shortstop Luis Urias threw out three different runners at home plate after fielding ground balls with the infield playing in.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/sounds-vs-chihuahuas/2018/06/15/542605#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT2605
Team Records: Nashville (32-33), El Paso (33-35)
Next Game: Saturday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Memphis RHP Daniel Poncedeleon (5-2, 2.41) vs. El Paso RHP Luis Perdomo (3-2, 3.55). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
Nashville 8 El Paso 6 - Friday
WP: Kiekhefer (4-0)
LP: Brewer (1-4)
S: Bleich (1)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2018
- Chasers Take Opener in Reno, 9-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Fall to Isotopes in Slugfest - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Drub Memphis 13-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Open Series with 8-1 Win Against 51s - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Rally Late To Defeat Cubs, 5-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Roughed up by Chihuahuas - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Edged by Rainiers in Series Opener - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Fall to Bees in Series Opener Saturday - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Pitching Shines in Colorado Springs - Salt Lake Bees
- Trent Thornton flirts with a no-hitter through 7.2 hitless, 8.0 shutout innings on Saturday night in Texas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Barley Avoids No-Hitter in 6-1 Loss to Fresno - Round Rock Express
- Camarenaâ??s tough start digs a hole for River Cats early in 4-3 loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Guerra Dominant in Save, Cakes Hold off Sacramento - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Honored by Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame as "Professional Team of the Year" - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Omaha - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-33) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-35) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-27) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Texas Rangers INF Elvis Andrus Begins Rehab in Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- OKC Takes Series from Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Slaughter I-Cubs, Win Fourth Consecutive Series - Reno Aces
- Aces Trump I-Cubs, Take Series 2-1 - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers Take Series from Omaha, 5-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Marjama, Lawrence Lead Rainiers To 5-2 Victory Over Omaha - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mateo's Homer in 10th Leads Sounds to Win - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Rally but Fall in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Edwin Rodriguez Introduced as Chihuahuas New Field Manager
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2019 All-Star Season on Sale February 23
- Mesilla Valley Transportation & El Paso Chihuahuas Foundation to Award $15,000 to Area Las Cruces Non-Profits
- Edwin Rodriguez Named El Paso Chihuahuas Field Manager
- Former Chihuahuas All-Star Cody Decker to Host Hitting Clinic