Called Up: Saints Add Outfielder Jimmy Kerrigan from Double-A Wichita
OMAHA, NE - With three position players promoted to the Minnesota Twins over the first five days of the season, the St. Paul Saints found their roster depleted. They received help on Saturday as outfielder Jimmy Kerrigan was promoted from Double-A Wichita.
Kerrigan was 1-8 with a triple in two games with the Wind Surge this season.
This is not the first time for Kerrigan at Triple-A. In 2019 he hit .219 with 15 home runs and 44 RBI between Double-A Pensacola and Triple-A Rochester. He hit .261 with six home runs and 13 RBI for the Red Wings in 20 games that season.
Kerrigan began his professional career in Independent Professional Baseball with the River City Rascals (Frontier League) in 2017. After destroying pitching to the tune of .328/.369/.532 the Twins purchased his contract on July 27, 2017. Kerrigan hit .250 with five home runs and 20 RBI for Single-A Cedar Rapids.
In 2018, Kerrigan put his name on the map by becoming a Florida State League All-Star. He hit .281 with six homers and 24 RBI in 53 games with the Fort Myers Miracle. Those numbers earned him a promotion to Double-A Chattanooga and hit .226 with six homers and 21 RBI. In four games at Rochester he went 3-10 with a home run and RBI.
In addition to Kerrigan, the Twins announced they have selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Derek Law from the Saints and optioned right-handed pitcher Cody Stashak to the Saints.
To make room for Law on the 40-man roster, the Twins have designated infielder Travis Blankenhorn for release or assignment.
The Saints roster is add 29, 18 pitchers and 11 position players.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 8, 2021
- Bulls Win Fifth Straight, Rout Redbirds 15-3 - Durham Bulls
- Bats Left out at Sea in 10-0 Shutout by Clips - Louisville Bats
- Clips' Comeback Clips Bats - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Take Saturday Night Contest in Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Saints and Storm Chasers Suspended in Top of Fifth with Saints Leading 8-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Mets Lose Fourth Straight Game to RailRiders, 4-2, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Riley Adams Notches First Two Triple-A Homers in 8-6 Defeat - Buffalo Bisons
- Jacksonville Falls Short in First Extra-Inning Tilt of Season - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Knights Drop Saturday's Game to Stripers 7-3 - Charlotte Knights
- 14 Hits, 8 Runs Lead WooSox Past Bisons - Worcester Red Sox
- IronPigs clinch series over Red Wings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pen, Homers Push RailRiders Past Mets - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings Fall 7-2 in Lehigh Valley Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Long Ball Plagues Mud Hens in 6-1 Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Nashville Cracks Three Homers in Win over Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Called Up: Saints Add Outfielder Jimmy Kerrigan from Double-A Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Tenth-Inning Miscues Tie Series at Two - Indianapolis Indians
- Saturday Night Matchup at Iowa Postponed Due to Rain - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 8, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Note: May 8, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- McBroom Single Caps Another Omaha Rally - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Walks off Indy in Extras - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- Major League Baseball Donating $50 Per Homer to Saints Community Partner, ACES4KIDS, During Final 10 Games
- Saints Take Pride in Final Homestand of 2021 from September 22-26
- Two out Trouble: Saints Fall to Indianapolis 10-3
- Saints Put in the Work, But Lose 9-5
- Reversal of Fortune, Saints Blanked by Indianapolis