Briceno Slam Leads Bees to Fourth Straight Win
The Salt Lake Bees scored six runs in the first inning and never looked back, as they rolled to a 7-2 win over the Albuquerque Isotopes on Sunday afternoon.
David Fletcher started the uprising with a one out double. Nolan Fontana was hit by a pitch and both runners scored on a double into the left field corner by Chris Carter. Jabari Blash followed with a single and Jose Miguel Fernandez was hit by a pitch from Isotopes starter David Holmberg. Jose Briceno then drilled an 0-2 pitch over the left field bullpen for Salt Lake's first grand slam of the season, which gave the Bees a 6-0 lead. Albuquerque scored single runs in the second and fourth innings off of Salt Lake starter John Lamb, but Blash closed out the scoring with a leadoff homer in the eighth.
Adam Hofacket (2-0) earned the win with two scoreless innings in relief of Lamb, who went four innings and allowed two runs on four hits with five strikeouts. Justin Anderson made his Triple-A debut and retired all six batters he faced, three by strikeout. Eduardo Paredes worked a three up, three down ninth to close out the Bees' fourth consecutive win. Fletcher led Salt Lake with a season high four hits, including a double. Blash added two hits and one run batted in.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 15, 2018
- Briceno Slam Leads Bees to Fourth Straight Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Offensive Woes Continue for Reno - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Post 15-5 Blowout Victory Over River Cats - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Drop Two in Nashville, 14-7 & 1-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express, Sky Sox Split Sunday Doubleheader - Round Rock Express
- River Cats fall to Rainiers in blowout - Sacramento River Cats
- Verdugo Sends Dodgers to Second Straight Walk-Off Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Split Doubleheader with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sounds Take Two from Storm Chasers - Nashville Sounds
- Late inning heroics gives Grizzlies fifth straight win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Hand Isotopes Fourth Straight Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 'Cakes Lose 8-6 in Tenth Inning - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Falter Late in 9-4 Loss to Iowa - Memphis Redbirds
- Late Rally Lifts Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Chihuahuas Use Big Fifth, Shutout Pitching to Wallop Vegas 10-0 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- 51s Host Fresno & El Paso in 7-Game Homestand - Las Vegas 51s
- Nashville Sounds Game Information (2:05 and TBD): Omaha Storm Chasers (2-6) at Nashville Sounds (3-6) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-1) vs Iowa Cubs (2-6) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Schroderâ??s homer lifts River Cats over Rainiers - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Blow Past Rainiers, 12-7 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Slugs Past Albuquerque - Salt Lake Bees
- Grizzlies score three in eighth, defeat Aces 4-1 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Sting Isotopes for Third Straight Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Shock Las Vegas by Rallying from 7-0 Deficit - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Medlen Dominant in Aces 4-1 Loss - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.