Boomers Outduel Rascals
O'FALLON, Mo. - The Schaumburg Boomers squeezed past the River City Rascals 2-1 on Friday night in a pitcher's duel.
Cody Griebling recorded his best outing of the year, working into the seventh. Griebling allowed just a single run in the seventh to win for the third time this season, walking two and striking out three. Griebling bettered Craig Goodman, who retired the first nine of the game for River City. Gerard Hall opened the scoring with a solo homer in the sixth, his third of the year. Steve McQuail added an RBI double in the frame. James Bierlein retired the final four batters to pick up his fourth save. Six different individuals posted hits in the win.
Schaumburg (15-11) will continue the series on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. RHP Chris Phelan (2-0, 2.66) starts for the Boomers against RHP Brett Harman (0-2, 2.92).
More Info: The Schaumburg Boomers completed a successful Inaugural Season as the second professional baseball club owned by prominent Chicago attorney Patrick A. Salvi and his wife, Lindy Salvi. Named after the Greater Prairie Chicken that once roamed throughout Schaumburg and the surrounding areas in the 19th century, the Boomers are all about customer service and specialize in fun, affordable, family entertainment for baseball and non-baseball fans alike. For more information on the Boomers, check out www.boomersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 14, 2013
- James Frisbie Era Begins with Rockford Win over Crushers - Rockford Aviators
- ThunderBolts Shut out by Miners - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Crushers fall in series opener - Lake Erie Crushers
- Grizzlies Extend Win Streak to Eight Games; Longest Win Streak Since 2007 - Gateway Grizzlies
- Vancil Dazzles in Shutout - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Outduel Rascals - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters Drop Pitchers' Duel at Gateway - Normal CornBelters
- Beach Bums Break Open Game Late to Win - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Nester Shines in Otters Series Opening Loss - Evansville Otters
- 6-1 Victory Pulls Wild Things Within 1 Game of First - Washington Wild Things
- Freedom Hold off Greys to Win Opener, 4-3 - Florence Freedom
- CornBelters Sign Rookie Catcher - Normal CornBelters
- Otters vs. Wild Things - Game Notes - June 14, 2013 - Evansville Otters
- Slammers vs. Beach Bums - Game Notes - June 14, 2013 - Joliet Slammers
- Aviators Announce Upcoming Promotions - Rockford Aviators
- Freedom Sign RHP Chuck Weaver After Tryout - Florence Freedom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.