Boomers Drop Key Pitcher's Duel
CRESTWOOD, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, could not solve Tyler Thornton, the starting pitcher for the Windy City ThunderBolts, dropping a 1-0 decision on the road Wednesday night.
Thornton retired the first 15 batters of the game before Chase Dawson singled on the first pitch of the sixth. Tyler Alamo produced the only offense for Windy City with a solo homer in the fourth, his 11th of the year. Payton Lobdell suffered the hard luck loss for the Boomers, allowing just one run on three hits in six innings while fanning six. Luis Roman doubled with two outs in the ninth but was left at second as Thornton finished the complete game. The All-Star struck out 10 and allowed just two hits. Trevin Eubanks and Darrell Thompson finished out the game on the mound for Schaumburg with scoreless innings. The Boomers fanned 10, a third consecutive double-digit strikeout contest.
The Boomers (40-40) dropped a game further behind Lake Erie in the race for the East Division title. Lake Erie visits Schaumburg this weekend. The series finale takes place at 6:05 p.m. on Thursday night with LHP Aaron Rozek (5-4, 3.17) on the mound for the Boomers opposite RHP Cole Bellair (2-5, 6.47). Just six home games remain on the schedule this season including the three this weekend. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Miners Come up Short in Florence Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers Offense Dominates to Win Series against Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Grizzlies Drop Finale to Crushers - Gateway Grizzlies
- Washington Drops Series Finale to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Oh How Sweep It Is: Slammers Beat Wild Things 4-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Thunderbolts Take Second Straight Shutout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Boomers Drop Second Straight in Shutout Fashion - Schaumburg Boomers
- Jordan Brink Signed by Brewers - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Hit Home Stretch of Regular Season with Fun, New Promotions - Evansville Otters
- Otters Split Doubleheader against Rascals - Evansville Otters
- Slammers Take Series Lead, Beat Wild Things 3-2 - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Win on Thornton's Masterpiece - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Split Doubleheader with Otters - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Leave 11 in One-Run Loss to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Skid Continues as Freedom Drop Middle-Game - Florence Y'alls
- Boomers Drop Key Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of MLB
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020
- Eddie Jackson Charity Softball Game Returns Next Summer