Boomers Drop Second Straight in Shutout Fashion
CRESTWOOD, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, were shutout by the Windy City ThunderBolts for a second consecutive night, dropping a 3-0 decision on the road Thursday to lose two-of-three in the series.
Both teams traded chances early as the Boomers posted hits in the first four innings, but Windy City struck for the only offense in the fifth. Michael Mateja drilled a three-run homer for the only scoring of the contest. Schaumburg starter Aaron Rozek worked seven innings and walked one while striking out six but took the loss. Chase Dawson finished with two hits in the loss.
The Boomers (40-41) host the leaders of the East Division, the Lake Erie Crushers, in a three-game series beginning on Friday night at 6:30 p.m. There will be plenty of action postgame with fireworks and the Doumak Campfire Marshmallow Fight. Just six home games remain on the schedule this season including the three this weekend. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Miners Come up Short in Florence Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers Offense Dominates to Win Series against Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Grizzlies Drop Finale to Crushers - Gateway Grizzlies
- Washington Drops Series Finale to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Oh How Sweep It Is: Slammers Beat Wild Things 4-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Thunderbolts Take Second Straight Shutout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Boomers Drop Second Straight in Shutout Fashion - Schaumburg Boomers
- Jordan Brink Signed by Brewers - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Hit Home Stretch of Regular Season with Fun, New Promotions - Evansville Otters
- Otters Split Doubleheader against Rascals - Evansville Otters
- Slammers Take Series Lead, Beat Wild Things 3-2 - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Win on Thornton's Masterpiece - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Split Doubleheader with Otters - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Leave 11 in One-Run Loss to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Skid Continues as Freedom Drop Middle-Game - Florence Freedom
- Boomers Drop Key Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.