Oh How Sweep It Is: Slammers Beat Wild Things 4-1
Washington scored in the top of the 1st inning after the first two men reached base via a walk and a single, then a sac fly brought home the game's first run.
The Slammers would jump out to a 3-1 lead after scoring 3 runs in the 3rd inning- all before an out was recorded. It started with a Chaz Meadows single, a single from Clayton Harp, and RBI singles from Oliver Nunez and Dash Winningham.
Clayton Harp, who was already 2-3 on the night, launched his first homerun of the season down the right field line giving the Slammers a 4-1 lead in the 7th inning. That would be the finishing touch for the Slammers tonight as they had the bats working all night, they finished with 10 hits all together.
All things considered, Keegan Long had a nice outing for the Slammers. The right-hander went 7 innings, gave up 1 run on 2 hits, walked and struck out 4 batters. Long loaded the bases with 1 out in two separate innings but was able to get doubles plays to end the inning both times.
For Washington, John Havird didn't fare as well. Like Long, Havird went 7 innings but gave up 4 runs on his way. He struck out 5 while only walking 2.
Winning Pitcher: Keegan Long
Losing Pitcher: John Havird
Save: Ryan Koziol
With the win tonight, the Slammers have now swept back-to-back series here at DuPage Medical Group Field. They improve their record to 36-45, while the Wild Things fall to 33-50 on the season. The Slammers will look to continue their winning ways Friday, August 16th when they open a series against the Southern Illinois Miners. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Tonight's Merchants and Manufacturer's Bank Player of the Game is:Clayton Harp (3-4 1 RBI)
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Miners Come up Short in Florence Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers Offense Dominates to Win Series against Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Grizzlies Drop Finale to Crushers - Gateway Grizzlies
- Washington Drops Series Finale to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Oh How Sweep It Is: Slammers Beat Wild Things 4-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Thunderbolts Take Second Straight Shutout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Boomers Drop Second Straight in Shutout Fashion - Schaumburg Boomers
- Jordan Brink Signed by Brewers - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Hit Home Stretch of Regular Season with Fun, New Promotions - Evansville Otters
- Otters Split Doubleheader against Rascals - Evansville Otters
- Slammers Take Series Lead, Beat Wild Things 3-2 - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Win on Thornton's Masterpiece - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Split Doubleheader with Otters - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Leave 11 in One-Run Loss to Slammers - Washington Wild Things
- Skid Continues as Freedom Drop Middle-Game - Florence Y'alls
- Boomers Drop Key Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Joliet Slammers Stories
- Frontier League Designated as Partner League of Mlb
- Parreira' Blast, Bullpen's Effort Fuel Slammers' 4-3 Win over NERDS Herd
- Vaughan, Procyshen and McSteen Shine in Slammers' 5-2 Win
- Jones' Dominant Start Lifts Tully Monsters Past NERDS Herd, 6-0
- Headean's Complete Game Shutout Leads Slammers over Tully Monsters 5-0