Blue Jackets Assign Forward Kevin Stenlund to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Sunday that the Blue Jackets assigned forward Kevin Stenlund to the Monsters.
A 6'4", 210 lb. right-handed native of Stockholm, Sweden, Stenlund, 23, was originally selected by Columbus in the second round (58th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft and signed a three-year, two-way entry-level contract with the Blue Jackets on May 23, 2017. In 16 appearances for Columbus this season, Stenlund posted 4-2-6 with six penalty minutes and a -1 rating and added 6-10-16 with 18 penalty minutes and a -9 rating in 27 appearances for Cleveland. Stenlund supplied 4-2-6 with ten penalty minutes and a -1 rating in 20 career NHL appearances, all for Columbus, spanning parts of two seasons from 2018-20 and additionally logged 21-22-43 with 34 penalty minutes and a -27 rating in 93 career AHL appearances for Cleveland spanning parts of three seasons from 2017-19.
Prior to his North American professional career, Stenlund recorded 22-23-45 with 66 penalty minutes and a +4 rating in 151 SHL appearances for HV71 spanning parts of four seasons from 2014-18, helping HV71 secure the 2017 SHL Championship.
Monsters Family Value Packs start at less than $20 per person and provide the best value and flexibility for attending a Monsters game! Family Packs include four (4) discounted, lower bowl tickets to the game of your choice (as close as 4 rows from the glass!), $5 in food and beverage credit on each ticket and a FREE kid's ticket to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium when you purchase an adult aquarium ticket all for ONLY $79 (a $156 package value)! Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/familyvalue to get yours TODAY! All Monsters tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2020
- Amerks Close out Weekend with 4-1 Loss to Bears - Rochester Americans
- Bears Blast Americans, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Blanked by IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Never Trail in 5-1 Win over Laval - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Best the Rocket, Win 5-1 - Laval Rocket
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Lose in Overtime to Springfield Thunderbirds - Providence Bruins
- Never Say Die T-Birds Erase 2-Goal Deficit in Final Minute, Win in OT - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Anderson-Dolan, Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Checkers Erupt for Seven Goals in Win over Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Sunday, January 19, 2020 at Hershey Bears - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Americans, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Set for Rematch against the Checkers - Toronto Marlies
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Kevin Stenlund to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Granlund's Three Point Night Not Enough for Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Earn Overtime Point against Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Balcers, Batherson and Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Late Goal Sinks Stockton Comeback Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Third-Period Goals Lift Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Forward Joel Kiviranta to Texas - Texas Stars
- Prosvetov Stellar As All-Star Burke Plays Overtime Hero In Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bellerive's Big Night Earns Penguins 4-3 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract