Blackhawks Reassign Five to Rockford
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have reassigned defenseman Jake Ryczek and forwards Graham Knott, Dylan McLaughlin, Nathan Noel and Tim Soderlund to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Knott, 22, skated in 50+ games with the IceHogs for the second straight season in 2018-19, tallying a career-high 13 points (4g, 9a) and 24 penalty minutes in 56 contests. The Etobicoke, Ontario native netted three of his four goals as game-winning tallies and registered points in two of the IceHogs' final three games of the 2018-19 campaign.
McLaughlin, 24, led Canisius College in scoring with a better than point-per-game average of 40 points (19g, 21a) in 37 NCAA contests as an alternate captain during senior season in 2018-19. The Lancaster, New York native then capped the year with his pro debut for Rockford, notching two assists over seven AHL contests.
Noel, 22, collected two goals and four assists while being limited to just 46 games with the IceHogs during his second full professional season in 2018-19. The St. John's, Newfoundland native has now combined to skate in 63 AHL games with Rockford over the last two years and register 11 points (4g, 7a) over 21 career ECHL games with the Indy Fuel.
Ryczek, 21, helped Halifax reach the QMJHL championship last season, notching 33 points (9g, 24a) in 51 games during the regular season and finishing third among all team skaters in the playoffs with 13 assists in 23 postseason contests. The Springfield, Massachusetts native seeks to make his professional debut this season after totaling 60 points (16g, 44a) in 84 career QMJHL games with Halifax.
Soderlund, 21, skated in a career-high 48 games and matched his career-best point total (14) in the Swedish Hockey League last season with Frolunda HC and Skelleftea AIK. The Skelleftea, Sweden native then skated in six playoff games in the SHL, posting a pair of penalty minutes.
The Rockford IceHogs Training Camp roster now stands at 22 players with 13 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.
NEXT HOME GAME:
Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins | 6 p.m
The Rockford IceHogs will host their home opener for the 2019-20 season on Saturday, Oct. 12 against the Grand Rapids Griffins at 6 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 4,000 fans in attendance to Rockford's first home game of the campaign will receive a free IceHogs calendar, courtesy of Impact Networking. Call the IceHogs front office at (815) 968-5222 or visit IceHogs.com to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 20, 2019
- Chicago Wolves Add Eight Players as Training Camp Looms - Chicago Wolves
- Versteeg Headlines Round of Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Reduces Training Camp Roster to 37 Players - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls to Open 2019 Training Camp Monday, September 23 at Great Park Ice in Irvine, Calif. - San Diego Gulls
- Blues Assign Seven Players to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 TV and Radio Broadcast Schedules - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Announce Training Camp Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Ottawa Assigns Eight to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Blackhawks Reassign Five to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Reduce Training Camp Roster - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Announce Training Camp Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Reduce Training Camp Roster by Four - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule - Manitoba Moose
- Capitals Name Jim Slater to Player Development Department - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Sign D Rob Michel to AHL Contract - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Training Camp Continues in Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E