Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.)
August 19, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Frontier Field | Rochester, NY| Game # 126| Road Game # 63
BUFFALO BISONS (64-61, T-2nd, -2.0 North) at Rochester Red Wings (63-62, 4th, -3.0 North)
RHP T.J. Zeuch (3-2, 4.42) vs RHP Griffin Jax (1-1, 6.30)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons take on the Rochester Red Wings for the first of a four-game series at Frontier Field. Following the quick road trip, Buffalo will head home for a seven game, two-series homestand against Pawtucket and Rochester. As the playoff race heats up, this is a very imporant series for both teams in the race to secure the IL North.
Last Game: BUF 7, DUR 10
The Bisons lost the final matchup against the Durham Bulls on Sunday afternoon, as Conor Fisk pitched 5.0 innings, giving up eight hits and 6 runs, while allowing 5 errors. Even though the two team were tied at the end of seven, Durham's three runs in the eigth innings secured their win.
Rochester Red Wings (3-2)
Buffalo and Rochester are meeting for the fifth time in the 2019 season, the third time and last time at Frontier Field. The teams met last month, 7/29-7/30, with each taking a win in the two-game series. The teams meet once more in Buffalo 8/26-8/29 to complete their season series within the IL North.
RHP T.J. Zeuch looks to continue his success with the Herd on Monday night. In his last start on August 14, Zeuch allowed no runs over six innings of work to help the Bisons win the night. The righty has posted a 4.42 ERA after 10 starts with the Herd after 59.0 IP.
UTIL Patrick Kivlehan belted two of three home runs scored in Sunday afternoon's game, one in the third and another in the seventh inning. Kivlehan currently leads the team in HR (21) and RBI (59).
OF Socrates Brito started off the scoring for the Bisons on Sunday after crushing a home run to right field on a 0-0 pitch, collecting 2 RBI in the process. Brito finished 2-4 on the afternoon with two runs and a walk. The outfielder is currently hitting .290, and has been a strong component to the Bisons offense this season with 14 HR and 57 RBI.
Following the Bisons loss Sunday afternoon, Scranton/WB finally snapped their nine-game losing streak to win against Gwinnett 9-3. With all other IL North contenders won their games on Sunday, Buffalo and Syracuse are now both 2GB of Scranton/WB. Rochester is only 3.5GB as the Bisons spend their next four games in Rochester.
Toronto (52-74) dropped Sunday's contest against the Seattle Mariners, 7-0. RF Randal Grichuck and INF Brandon Drury had the lone hits of the day. After two straight losses, the Jays will be off Monday before facing the Los Angeles Dodgers in Chavez Ravine for a three-game series.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Knights Hang On, Beat Bulls 13-11 - Charlotte Knights
- Gwinnett's Comeback Falls Short in 6-5 Loss to Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- History: Zeuch Throws Just the Second No-Hitter in Bisons Modern Era, Herd Wins 3-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Comeback Falls Short in Opener - Durham Bulls
- Sturgeon Records Two Hits in Loss to RailRiders - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tides Rally past Gwinnett - Norfolk Tides
- RailRiders knock around PawSox pitching early, win second consecutive game - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Zeuch No-Hits Wings in Series Opener - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Drops Back-And-Forth Contest, 5-4 - Louisville Bats
- Hayes Homers Again But Indians Lose to Hens, 12-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- IronPugs lose 1-0 to Mets - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Oswalt Tosses Gem and Rivera Homers as Mets Beat IronPigs, 1-0 - Syracuse Mets
- Hens Breakout for 12 in Third Straight Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings, Bisons Series Continues Tuesday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (53-72) at Columbus Clippers (71-54) - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (61-64) at Toledo Mud Hens (57-68) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats to Hold 'Flash Sale' August 20-24 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Vladimir Gutierrez Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Louisville Bats
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- Vladimir Gutierrez Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Louisville Bats
- Beef on Weck Dog Claims Title as Top Dog for 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs Announce 2020 Schedule - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Homestand Highlights- August 19-22 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)
- Bisons Fall 15-12 in Slugfest to RailRiders