Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.)
July 11, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | McCoy Stadium | Pawtucket, RI | Game # 89| Road Game # 44
BUFFALO BISONS (46-42, 2nd, -5.5 North) at PAWTUCKET RED SOX (35-52, 6th, -16.0 North)
LHP Ryan Borucki (MLB Rehab) vs. RHP Ryan Weber (1-2, 5.75)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons come out of the All-Star break with a five-game, four-day series at Pawtucket against the Red Sox. After a trip to New England, the Herd will return home for a seven-day homestand against the Charlotte Knights and Columbus Clippers.
Last Game: BUF 10, SYR 5
After scoring in four consecutive innings, the Bisons kept the momentum up in the sixth to score another four runs. This gave the Bisons a 8-4 lead over the Syracuse Mets. Billy McKinney and Socrates Brito each had a home run, while six players including Brito, recorded a double. Two scoreless innings in the eighth and ninth led to a 10-5 victory for the Herd over the Mets.
Pawtucket PawSox (7-4)
Buffalo and Pawtucket are meeting for the fifth time in 2019. This is the last trip to Rhode Island for the Herd this season. The two teams will play one more three-game series in Buffalo at the end of August.
LHP Ryan Borucki takes the ball out of the All-Star Break for the Bisons. The southaw is returning from a left elbow injury that has kept him out of the Blue Jays rotation all year long. Borucki began last season with the Herd, going 6-5 with a 3.27 ERA in 13 starts before being promoted to Toronto and making his MLB debut on 6/26/18 at Houston. The lefty made 17 starts for the Jays last year, notching four wins over 97.2 IP.
OF Billy McKinney went 4-5 during Sunday's afternoon game with 1R, 2RBI and a HR. McKinney is currently carrying a seven game hit streak where he is batting 14-27 (.518).
Buffalo sits just 5.5 games behind Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in the IL North and are 4.5 back in the Wild Card race after winning three in a row going into the All-Star Break. The Gwinnett Stripers currently lead the Wild Card, with Charlotte two games back, while Buffalo is 2.5 games behind the Knights in third.
The offense was hot in June and has continued early on in July, the team is currently second in AVG (.331), OBP (.392), Hits (82) and are first in Doubles (24) all in just seven games. In their final game before the break, Buffalo pitchers tied the Modern Era record for most strikeouts in a game (18)...Manager Bobby Meacham and Kirby Snead represented the Herd at the All-Star Game last night in El, Paso TX. Snead tossed a scoreless sixth inning for the IL striking out one batter and getting two ground outs.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (34-57) continues on the All-Star break for one last day before heading New York to begin the second half of their season. The Blue Jays are scheduled to send RHP Aaron Sanchez to the hill against the Yankees in the first game of a three-game series in the Bronx tomorrow night.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Gwinnett Outscored 15-12 in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- IronPigs and Red Wings split twin-bill - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Robert's Career Night Powers Knights to 15-12 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Score Five in Seventh, Hold on for 5-4 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Robson's Homer Lifts Mud Hens to Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Rally to Open Second Half with 5-4 Win in Pawtucket - Buffalo Bisons
- Mella Strikes out Seven in 3-2 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Bonifacio's Blasts Pace Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Mets Roll to 4-2 Victory over RailRiders on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- PawSox Defeated Despite Excellent Performance from Weber - Pawtucket Red Sox
- RailRiders Return to Action with 4-2 Loss - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Post-Game Absolute Journey Concert Friday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- As Jackson Finds His Confidence, Bisons Find a Go-To Arm in Their Bullpen - Buffalo Bisons
- July 20-21: Blue Jays Weekend Features Vladdy Bobbleheads, Duane Ward, Ticket Giveaways & More - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes (First Half Highlights): Toledo Mud Hens (40-49) at Louisville Bats (33-56) - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (44-44) at Columbus Clippers (55-33) - Indianapolis Indians
- Blue Jays' LHP Ryan Borucki to Start for Bisons on Thursday - Buffalo Bisons
- MiLB and Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation Seek to Raise Awareness for and End Domestic Violence - IL
- Catch the Hens Take on Syracuse and Tebow - Toledo Mud Hens
- Homestand Highlights: Stripers Host First Responders Night, Latitude & Longitude Shirt Giveaway - Gwinnett Stripers
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville RiverBats/Bats Homestand Notes: July 11-14 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.