Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that defenseman Kristofers Bindulis has been re-assigned to the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays by the Washington Capitals. Additionally, the Bears have assigned forward Matt Weis to South Carolina.
Bindulis, 24, has appeared in 16 games with Hershey over the past two seasons. He was limited to just four games in 2018-19 due to an upper-body injury sustained last December. A native of Riga, Latvia, Bindulis skated in 34 games with South Carolina in 2017-18, striking for 15 points (four goals, 11 assists).
Weis, 24, signed a one-year, AHL deal with the Bears in July. He skated in 60 games last season with the Chicago Wolves, tallying 11 points (three goals, eight assists). He played in 22 playoff games with Chicago, scoring four points (two goals, two assists) in Chicago's run to the Calder Cup Finals. The Ohio State product also skated in six games with the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets last year, collecting seven points in just six games.
Additionally, forward Travis Boyd has joined the Bears after clearing waivers yesterday. He will wear #15 while forward Joe Snively will switch to #21.
The Bears return to action on Saturday night as they visit the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at the PPL Center. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network. On Sunday, the Bears return to Giant Center to host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 5 p.m. It's Advance Auto Parts Car Magnet Night for the first 5,000 fans. Tickets are on sale now at the Giant Center Box Office, or online via Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #1: With 82nd Season Underway, Bears Seek First Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Send Kaski and Kuffner to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Spectra to Offer Wide Selection of Food & Beverage Options in 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Gemel Smith to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Announce Player Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host AHL-NWHL Doubleheader with Connecticut Whaleon February 22 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Jets Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: After Winning Season Opener, Penguins Look Ahead to Three-In-Three Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Kellermeyer Bergensons Services - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.