Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host AHL-NWHL Doubleheader with Connecticut Whaleon February 22
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, are hosting the first-ever AHL-NWHL doubleheader with the Connecticut Whale of the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL).
On Saturday, Feb. 22 at Webster Bank Arena, the Whale will host the Boston Pride in NWHL action at 2 p.m., followed by the Sound Tigers' matchup against the Hershey Bears at 7 p.m. The NWHL game will be followed by a meet-and-greet for all ticketholders with the entire Whale team.
The Sound Tigers are offering a combined ticket for both games in the Sound Tigers/Whale doubleheader for just $25. Tickets are available now at https://fevo.me/ahl_nwhldoubleheader or by calling Tarah Kelly of the Sound Tigers at 203-345-4859.
"The Bridgeport Sound Tigers are proud to host our neighbors, the Connecticut Whale, and provide the showcase all of these amazing players and role models and these two great NWHL teams have earned," Sound Tigers President Brent Rossi said.
The NWHL game will have many connections to the region and the AHL. Whale general manager Bray Ketchum was a top forward at Yale from 2007-2011. The rosters of both teams are filled with several top players from the best NCAA Division I programs in the country, with the majority of players having been raised or attended college in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Among the players on the Whale are Elena Orlando (Quinnipiac), Emma Vlasic (Yale), Taylor Marchin (Yale), and Connecticut natives Sarah Hughson (from Moodus) and Brooke Wolejko (from South Windsor). The Whale are coached by former NHL and AHL forward Colton Orr, while the Pride are led by former NHL and AHL defenseman Paul Mara.
"Playing at the home of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers is an awesome opportunity to showcase the talent in the NWHL and engage with new fans," said Whale defender Shannon Doyle, who has been with the Whale since the NWHL's first season. "The Whale players and staff are proud to collaborate with the Sound Tigers on an incredible full day of hockey and a celebration of the sport."
The Sound Tigers will also host a Girls' Hockey Celebration Weekend on March 21 and 22 in partnership with Fairfield, Connecticut native Julie Chu, continuing the team's commitment to girls' hockey.
Sound Tigers season tickets and flex plans are on sale now for the 2019-20 campaign, offering the greatest savings and ultimate flexibility of all ticket packages. Pick between a full-season, 20-game, or 10-game plan and you'll also be entitled to exclusive benefits, including the ticket holder exchange policy. Lock in your seats today by contacting Brad Dworin at 203-345-4813 or via email@example.com .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #1: With 82nd Season Underway, Bears Seek First Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Send Kaski and Kuffner to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Spectra to Offer Wide Selection of Food & Beverage Options in 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Gemel Smith to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Announce Player Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host AHL-NWHL Doubleheader with Connecticut Whaleon February 22 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Jets Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: After Winning Season Opener, Penguins Look Ahead to Three-In-Three Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Kellermeyer Bergensons Services - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Helgeson, Kubiak, Brown, Pastujov Agree to Terms
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run