Wolf Pack Announce Player Moves
HARTFORD, October 8, 2019: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the parent New York Rangers have loaned defenseman Nick Ebert to the Wolf Pack and have reassigned defenseman Brandon Crawley to its ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners.
Ebert, who was acquired by the Rangers Monday from the Ottawa Senators, in exchange for forward Vladislav Namestnikov and a fourth-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft, has skated in one game with the Belleville Senators of the AHL this season. He played 49 games with Orebro of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) last year, registering 11 goals and 22 assists for 33 points, along with 46 penalty minutes. Ebert ranked third among SHL defensemen in goals, ranked fourth among defensemen in points, and fifth among defensemen in assists. He led all players on Orebro in assists, points, average ice time, shots on goal (144), and power play goals (six), tied for the team lead in game-winning goals (three), and ranked third on the team in goals.
The 6-1, 205-pounder played in the SHL for parts of the last two seasons (2017-18 and 2018-19), as well as in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) with HC Slovan Bratislava in 2017-18. Ebert also played three seasons in the AHL (2014-15 through 2016-17) before playing in Europe. He has skated in 158 career AHL games, registering 19 goals and 32 assists for 51 points, along with a plus-23 rating and 86 penalty minutes. Ebert helped the Manchester Monarchs win the Calder Cup as AHL Champions in 2014-15, and he also helped the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) win an OHL championship during his final season of junior hockey in 2013-14.
The Livingston, New Jersey native was originally selected by the Los Angeles Kings with the final pick of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (seventh round, 211th overall).
NICK EBERT'S AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2010-11 Windsor OHL 64 11 30 41 44 18 1 2 3 6
2011-12 Windsor OHL 66 6 33 39 58 4 0 2 2 8
2012-13 Windsor OHL 68 11 27 38 58
Ontario ECHL 4 0 3 3 2 10 2 5 7 0
2013-14 Windsor OHL 27 4 16 20 18
Guelph OHL 38 9 24 33 31 20 5 11 16 8
2014-15 Manchester AHL 45 8 6 14 18 2 0 0 0 0
2015-16 Ontario AHL 44 2 10 12 28 4 0 0 0 2
2016-17 Texas AHL 68 9 16 25 40
2017-18 Bratislava KHL 44 7 12 19 34
Orebro HK SweHL 7 2 1 3 8
2018-19 Orebro HK SweHL 49 11 22 33 46 2 1 0 1 2
2019-20 Belleville AHL 1 0 0 0 0
Crawley, a third-year pro and a fourth-round (123rd overall) draft pick by the Rangers in 2017, appeared in 50 games for the Wolf Pack last season, scoring three goals and adding 12 assists for 15 points and serving 111 minutes in penalties, leading the team in that category for a second straight season. In 114 career games with the Wolf Pack over the last two seasons, he has totaled five goals and 15 assists for 20 points, plus 210 PIM.
The Wolf Pack's next action is this Saturday night, October 12, when they are back on home ice at the XL Center, taking on the Springfield Thunderbirds in a 7:30 PM game. That is "Carnival Night", including a giveaway of Wolf Pack travel mugs to the first 2,000 fans, courtesy of 97.9 ESPN.
Tickets for all 2019-20 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (860) 722-9425. To visit the Wolf Pack on line, go to www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #1: With 82nd Season Underway, Bears Seek First Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Send Kaski and Kuffner to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Spectra to Offer Wide Selection of Food & Beverage Options in 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Gemel Smith to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Announce Player Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host AHL-NWHL Doubleheader with Connecticut Whaleon February 22 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Jets Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: After Winning Season Opener, Penguins Look Ahead to Three-In-Three Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Kellermeyer Bergensons Services - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller