Big Third Inning Helps Give KC Win over Amarillo
AMARILLO, Texas - The Kansas City T-Bones scored four runs on three hits and three walks in the third inning, and they went on to double up Amarillo, 8-4, at Amarillo National Bank Sox Stadium on Thursday night.
The biggest hit of the third inning came off the bat of catcher Trevor Coleman, whose two-out two-run single made the score 4-0. Coleman finished the night two for five with a double, single and three RBIs.
The T-Bones chased Sox starter Matt Lackie, a former college teammate of Kansas City pitcher Luke Irvine, early in the game. Lackie lasted only three and two-thirds, allowing six earned runs on six hits and walking four. Lackie dropped to 0-2 and gave up one homer, a solo shot by Kris Sanchez in the fourth, his 15th of the year and first as a T-Bone.
Shaun Garceau (9-6) started for the T-Bones and maneuvered his way through seven innings, allowing three runs on eight hits. Garceau struck out five and walked none en route to earning the win. He is now tied with Brian Grening for the team lead in victories.
Justin Bass went two for four, raising his average to .309. Meanwhile, playing against his former team, Adam De La Garza had a nice night for the T-Bones as well, finishing two for three with a triple, single, two stolen bases and two runs scored.
The victory ensures Kansas City (49-47) a series split at the very least. The finale is set for 7:05 on Friday night, with the T-Bones sending left hander Devin Anderson (7-6; 3.47) to the mound. Amarillo will counter with Justin Garcia (9-3; 4.11). The game can be heard on the KMBZ Business Channel (1660 AM) or online at www.tbonesbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Pheasants Falter in Lopsided Loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Massaro Reaches 500 Hits; 'Cats Rally to Beat Saints 7-4 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Fall to Laredo 8-2 in Home Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Playoff Chances Nearly Done in 7-4 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Hodsdon's Fourth Complete Game Opens Diablos Final Series Of 2012 - El Paso Diablos
- Fish Dumped by Explorers Again, But Magic Number Down to Just One - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Back on the Winning Track - Laredo Lemurs
- Ninth Inning Meltdown Gives T-Bones Loss to Sox - Kansas City T-Bones
- Better Late Than Never - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Holdren Bangs Go-Ahead Granny, Zocchi Earns Record in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Simunic Signs New Three-Year Contract with RedHawks - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Begin Final Homestand Of 2012 Season Tomorrow Night - Sioux City Explorers
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Nic Jackson Named American Association Player of the Year - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Close out 20th Season with a Bounty We Can All Cash in On - St. Paul Saints
- Big Third Inning Helps Give KC Win over Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Rout Pheasants, Pick up Game on Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.