Lemurs Back on the Winning Track
Fargo, ND - The Laredo Lemurs pick up five in the seventh to pull out an 8-2 win over the Fargo Moorhead RedHawks 8-2 Friday night in Fargo, North Dakota.
With the game tied at one the Lemurs came to the plate in the seventh and with one out Stephen Douglas hit a ground ball to the second baseman. The second baseman Max Casper misplayed the ball and it went off the heal of his mitt and into shallow right field. With Stephen Douglas hustling out of the box he saw the miss play and took off for second and got in their safely to help open the flood gates of a five run four hit inning for the Lemurs.
In the ninth Uriak Marquez would top off the Lemurs win with a two run homerun to right to make it 8-1 Lemurs.
On the night Stephen Douglas went two for four with two hits, two stolen bases and a run scored. Jimmy Mojica also picked up two hits and two stolen bases, with a RBI, and a run scored. Javier Brito picked up three hits, a double, and two runs to help lead the Lemurs to victory.
On the mound Osvaldo Rodriguez pitched well in his start to earn the win. Rodriguez went six, giving up one run, on five hits, with three strikeouts, and three walks.
The win gives the Lemurs a two game lead in the American Association South with three games to play. The magic number for the Lemurs is two.
The Laredo Lemurs will now head to Gary, Indiana to wrap up the regular season in a three game series. Keep your eye open for Lemurs playoff information. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Pheasants Falter in Lopsided Loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Massaro Reaches 500 Hits; 'Cats Rally to Beat Saints 7-4 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Fall to Laredo 8-2 in Home Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Playoff Chances Nearly Done in 7-4 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Hodsdon's Fourth Complete Game Opens Diablos Final Series Of 2012 - El Paso Diablos
- Fish Dumped by Explorers Again, But Magic Number Down to Just One - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Back on the Winning Track - Laredo Lemurs
- Ninth Inning Meltdown Gives T-Bones Loss to Sox - Kansas City T-Bones
- Better Late Than Never - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Holdren Bangs Go-Ahead Granny, Zocchi Earns Record in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Simunic Signs New Three-Year Contract with RedHawks - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Begin Final Homestand Of 2012 Season Tomorrow Night - Sioux City Explorers
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Nic Jackson Named American Association Player of the Year - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Close out 20th Season with a Bounty We Can All Cash in On - St. Paul Saints
- Big Third Inning Helps Give KC Win over Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Rout Pheasants, Pick up Game on Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.