American Association Game Recaps
St. Paul 4, Sioux Falls 0
St. Paul starting pitcher Kody Knaus and two relievers combined on a six-hit shutout as the Saints defeated the Sioux Falls Canaries, 4-0. Knaus went the first 5 2/3 innings giving up two walks and five hits while striking out three batters. The southpaw notched the win and improved his record to 1-1 on the season. St. Paul relievers, Caleb Thielbar and Cody Wheeler, tossed the final 3 1/3 innings allowing only a hit and fanning four. Offensively, Saints DH Tanner Vavra went 2-for-3 on the night and SS Tony Thomas launched a first inning two-run home run. Sioux Falls had two errors in the game which led to all St. Paul's runs being unearned.
Laredo 9, Lincoln 1
The Laredo Lemurs scored eight runs over the final two innings to roll past the Lincoln Saltdogs by a 9-1 final. Laredo collected 14 hits in the game with every hitter in the lineup tallying at least one. Lemurs C Matt Koch went 2-for-3 with two runs scored and a RBI while 1B Jesus Posso launched a home run, scored a pair of runs and drove in two. Laredo RF Dennis Phipps also chipped in with a home run in a 2-for-5 game. Lemurs starting pitcher Matt Sergey threw six innings en route to his second win of the year. Sergey gave up an earned run on three hits and struck out seven batters. For Lincoln in defeat, 3B Pat Kelly went 1-for-2 with a RBI.
Fans can watch select American Association games live and for free at www.americanassociationbaseball.tv.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 12, 2016
- American Association Game Recaps - Laredo Lemurs
- Lemurs Dial up 'The Ocho' Late in Rout - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Betts, Reynolds Power Series Finale Victory - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Shutout and Swept After 4-0 Loss on Sunday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Close out Longest Roadtrip in Franchise History with Sweep of Canaries, 4-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Split Series with Ninth-Inning Rally - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Blasters Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in 5-3 Loss - Joplin Blasters
- Walk-Off Home Run Gives RailCats 4-3 Extra Inning Victory - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- X's Fall to RailCats on Extra-Inning Walk-off HR - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Wingnuts Drop Finale in Texas - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes and 'Hawks Battle Down To Wire Once Again - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wingnuts Game Notes: June 12 at Texas - Wichita Wingnuts
- Explosive Offense Leads Blasters to 15-3 Romp - Joplin Blasters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.