Hodsdon's Fourth Complete Game Opens Diablos Final Series Of 2012
WICHITA, KS- Scott Hodsdon (9-2) allowed just one run on four hits and struck out in his latest complete game effort, and the Diablos offense piled on late in a 13-1 victory over the Sioux Falls Pheasants.
Hodsdon did not allow a hit through the first five and a third innings. The no-hitter evaporated on Al Quintana's infield single, an extremely close play at first base. Hodsdon would allow a run and three more hits later in the evening, but was still stellar enough to finish off the complete game.
At the plate, the Diablos scored three times in the opening inning, getting RBI hits from Mitch Einertson, Jermy Acey and Zane Chavez. They would add on two more runs in the fourth on Maikol Gonzalez's two-run single to lead 5-0.
El Paso then poured it on in the eighth. Jordan Marks' two-run home run, his first of the year, began an eight run inning as the Diablos pounded out eight hits off reliever Dusty Gober, who had taken over for lefty starter Mitchell Clegg (9-6).
The win moves the Diablos to 46-51 with three games left. Saturday's contest against the Pheasants is scheduled for a 7:05 p.m. start.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Pheasants Falter in Lopsided Loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Massaro Reaches 500 Hits; 'Cats Rally to Beat Saints 7-4 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Fall to Laredo 8-2 in Home Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Playoff Chances Nearly Done in 7-4 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Hodsdon's Fourth Complete Game Opens Diablos Final Series Of 2012 - El Paso Diablos
- Fish Dumped by Explorers Again, But Magic Number Down to Just One - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Back on the Winning Track - Laredo Lemurs
- Ninth Inning Meltdown Gives T-Bones Loss to Sox - Kansas City T-Bones
- Better Late Than Never - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Holdren Bangs Go-Ahead Granny, Zocchi Earns Record in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Simunic Signs New Three-Year Contract with RedHawks - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Begin Final Homestand Of 2012 Season Tomorrow Night - Sioux City Explorers
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Nic Jackson Named American Association Player of the Year - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Close out 20th Season with a Bounty We Can All Cash in On - St. Paul Saints
- Big Third Inning Helps Give KC Win over Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Rout Pheasants, Pick up Game on Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.