B-Sens Battle Back for 6-5 OT Win in Norfolk
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The B-Sens completed its first ever two-game road sweep over the Admirals with a 6-5 overtime win Saturday night at Norfolk Scope Arena. Jean-Gabriel Pageau netted his 16th goal of the year at 1:34 into the overtime frame to keep the Sens on top of the East Division.
Chris Wagner gave the Admirals a 2-0 lead on a pair of goals scored 26 seconds apart, the first coming just past the midway point of the opening period.
Binghamton cut the lead to 2-1 with 1:54 remaining in the first period when Jean-Gabriel Pageau buried a cross-ice feed from Cole Schneider.
Scott Greenham stopped eight of 10 shots faced in the opening frame while Brad Thiessen turned aside five of six B-Sens chances.
Norfolk added to its lead just 50 seconds into the 2nd period when Andre Petersson notched his 20th goal of the year. Petersson followed up his own shot on Greenham and put home the rebound goal to move the score to 3-1.
Derek Grant notched his seventh goal of the year just before the five minute mark of the frame to shrink Norfolk's lead to 3-2.
Both Greenham and Thiessen stopped 11 of 12 shots faced in the middle frame to keep the score 3-2 heading into the final period of regulation.
Binghamton managed three third period goals for the second consecutive night, however Norfolk responded with two of their own to force the overtime period.
Pageau bested Thiessen on a break-away goal to complete the come-from-behind win in overtime to give Binghamton the huge East Division victory.
Greenham started for the second straight night for Binghamton stopping 28 of 33 shots faced to improve to a perfect 3-0-0 in three appearances this season. Pageau and Da Costa finished with two goals apiece for the B-Sens while Shane Prince and Chris Wideman added two helpers to lead the B-Sens.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2014
- Goaltending Dual Tilts in Hogs Favor - Rockford IceHogs
- Wagner's Hat Trick Not Enough - Norfolk Admirals
- Barons Drop Second Straight in Texas, 5-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Comets Snap Pens' Five-Game Winning Streak - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Large Crowd Fills GFCC in Phantoms' Return - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Outlasted by IceHogs in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Sweep Weekend Series with Barons - Texas Stars
- IceCaps beat Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shootout Unkind to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Overpowered by Devils 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Spring Forward - Manchester Monarchs
- Heat Burns Bulldogs 5-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Comets Outlast Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 2-1 - Utica Comets
- B-Sens Battle Back for 6-5 OT Win in Norfolk - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Win Streak Halted with Loss to Manchester - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks Rally for Three Late Goals to Top Hershey 4-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Beskorowany Stands Tall as IceCaps Trump Sound Tigers - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Beat Bulldogs 5-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Albany Devils Win Fourth Straight - Albany Devils
- Fast, Wolf Pack Power over Adirondack 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- South All-Stars Sweep the North in MSHCA All-Star Games at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Jets Re-Assign Patrice Cormier to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Nightingale and Shea Suspended - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Post 3-2 Comeback Win over Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Sweep Wild with 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- Archibald Joins Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Gameday: Comets at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Utica Comets
- Sold out Barn Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Kings Assign Bartosak to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Jets Re-Assign John Albert to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Sign Forward Marko Dano to Standard Player Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Offer Remote Control Discount - Syracuse Crunch
- Boak Signs ATO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Come From Behind to Down Barons, 4-3, in Overtime - Oklahoma City Barons
- Flames Assign Joni Ortio to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Beats Oklahoma City 4-3 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Wolves Drill IceHogs 6-0 in Physical Affair - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Surrender Three Third Period Goals, Lose 5-2 to Binghamton - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.