Andreoli Wallops Two Home Runs as Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Round Rock
Round Rock, TX - John Andreoli hit his first two home runs since rejoining the Tacoma Rainiers, helping the club snap a four-game losing streak on Monday at Dell Diamond against the Round Rock Express, 3-2.
Andreoli gave Tacoma (33-38) the game's first run with a solo blast against Round Rock (42-28) starter Brandon Bielak (0-3) with two outs in the fourth. The 29-year-old added to the lead with a two-run round-tripper in the top of the seventh, also scoring Jose Lobaton.
The outfielder played 89 games with Tacoma in 2018 and started the season with the Minnesota Twins organization before being traded on June 2.
Mike Wright made the start for the Rainiers and pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings with four strikeouts before handing the ball over to Reggie McClain (2-1), who went the next 2 1/3 shutout frames to earn his second win.
Dan Altavilla gave up two runs in the eighth but left the tying run on and was credited with a hold.
In the ninth, Parker Markel walked the bases loaded but recorded two punch-outs and forced a groundout to strand the tying and winning runs to put an end to the season-long skid.
Tim Lopes joined Andreoli with a pair of knocks, accounting for the only four hits in the victory for Tacoma.
The Rainiers will play for a four-game series split against the Express in Tuesday's finale at 5:05 p.m. PDT. Left-hander Sean Nolin (0-0, 6.75) will make his first start for Tacoma at Dell Diamond. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
John Andreoli of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Andreoli Wallops Two Home Runs as Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Texas Remains Unpleasant for Aces - Reno Aces
- POSTGAME NOTES: Freeland Sharp as Isotopes Rally Falls Short - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds and Bees Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats' Dave Brundage to Lead PCL Field Staff for 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Sacramento River Cats
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Pat Rice Named to Triple-A All-Star Staff - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: Memphis Musica (29-41) vs Las Vegas Aviators (38-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Field Staffs Announced for 2019 RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game - PCL
- Ty France Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at SA - Reno Aces
- Pacific Coast League Players of the Week Named for June 10-16 - PCL
- Mills Wins PCL Weekly Honors - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno Evens Series, Beats Chasers 8-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Unleashing a Father's Day Special - San Antonio Missions
- Road Win Streak Runs its Course - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brown Returning to Tacoma, New Pitching Coach Marks Lone Change to Field Staff in 2020
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers