Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37)
Game #70: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (5-5, 4.21) vs. RHP Jose Rodriguez (1-1, 5.63)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Kroger Plus Monday - Score a "Family 4-Pack" that includes 4 Select section tickets, 4 hot dogs & 4 fountain sodas for $44 when fans show their Kroger Plus card at the Sounds Ticket Office. Offer is subject to availability.
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 35-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 5-5 with a 4.21 ERA in 18 games (8 starts) in 2019. Dillard's ERA ranks 6th-best among qualifying Pacific Coast League pitchers. He last pitched on June 12 in a start against Las Vegas and tossed 5 2/3 shutout innings in his 5th win of the season. He allowed 2 hits, walked 3 and struck out a pair. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (625.0), wins (44), strikeouts (372), runs allowed (344) and walks (215) and is currently second all-time in games (227) and home runs allowed (51). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 496 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
2019 Standings: The Sounds have spent the following amount of days in the American Northern Division standings in 2019: First: 1, Second: 0, Third: 4, Fourth: 66.
Far From Dim: Tim Dillard gets the ball tonight for the Sounds in his 9th start of the season. Nashville is 4-4 in games Dillard starts. In his 8 starts, Dillard is 3-4 with a 3.56 ERA (43.0 IP/17 ER) as compared to 2-1 with a 5.33 ERA (25.1 IP/15 ER) in 10 relief appearances. In his 8 starts, the Sounds have scored only 24 runs for an average of 3.00 per game.
Andy is on One Again: Sounds infielder Andy Ibáñez is on another hitting streak at a modest 6 games. During the streak, Ibáñez is hitting .409 (9-for-22) with 3 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 RBI, 1 walk and 1 stolen base. It's the 4th hitting streak of at least 6 games for him this year. Ibáñez's longest hitting streak in 2019 is 8 games (April 7-14 and May 29-June 8).
Tocci Time: Outfielder Carlos Tocci has reached safely in 15 consecutive games. Since May 28, Tocci is hitting .379 (22-for-58) with 13 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 home run, 9 RBI and 4 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .422.
Tonight is the Halfway Point: Tonight's game is the 70th of the season for the Sounds - halfway through the 140-game Pacific Coast League schedule. By comparison at the halfway point, the Sounds were 33-37 through 70 games in 2018.
Big Inning: Yesterday's 6-run fifth inning was the second-most runs the Sounds have posted in a single inning this year. Nashville scored 7 runs in the 8th inning of a 7-3 win in San Antonio on April 12.
What's the word around Nashville?
Ballpark Digest (@ballparkdigest)
Time for the third round of the Ballpark Digest 2019 MiLB Triple-A #bestoftheballparks fan vote! We're asking you to choose between Raley Field (@RiverCats home) and First Tennessee Park (@nashvillesounds home). Every vote counts! To vote, go here: ballparkdigest.com/2019/06/15/eli...
Justin Chambers (@jctvweather)
A bit muggy for the game tonight. @FirstTNPark @nashvillesounds @FOXNashville
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Andreoli Wallops Two Home Runs as Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Texas Remains Unpleasant for Aces - Reno Aces
- POSTGAME NOTES: Freeland Sharp as Isotopes Rally Falls Short - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds and Bees Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats' Dave Brundage to Lead PCL Field Staff for 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Sacramento River Cats
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Pat Rice Named to Triple-A All-Star Staff - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: Memphis Musica (29-41) vs Las Vegas Aviators (38-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Field Staffs Announced for 2019 RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game - PCL
- Ty France Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at SA - Reno Aces
- Pacific Coast League Players of the Week Named for June 10-16 - PCL
- Mills Wins PCL Weekly Honors - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno Evens Series, Beats Chasers 8-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Unleashing a Father's Day Special - San Antonio Missions
- Road Win Streak Runs its Course - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36)
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-54) vs. San Antonio Missions (59-36)
- Sounds Return Home Friday for Six-Game, Seven-Day Homestand
- Sounds Open San Antonio Series with Loss