Field Staffs Announced for 2019 RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game
June 17, 2019 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
Buffalo Bisons skipper Bobby Meacham and Sacramento River Cats manager Dave Brundage have been tabbed the managers of their respective league's All-Star teams for the 2019 Ronald McDonald House Charities Triple-A All-Star Game. The 32nd annual contest will take place at Southwest University Park in El Paso, Texas on Wednesday, July 10 at 7:05 MT.
In his 29th season of coaching and 13th as a manager, Bobby Meacham was named the International League's manager for the midsummer classic. Meacham is in his third season leading the Bisons. During his time with the Toronto Blue Jays' Triple-A affiliate, Meacham has helped pave the way for players like Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Danny Jansen, Cavan Biggio and Rowdy Tellez to make their Major League debuts. In 2015, Meacham received the 'Bobby Mattick Award' for excellence in player development within the Blue Jays organization.
Meacham will be joined by pitching coach Stu Cliburn (Rochester Red Wings), coach Ramon Sambo (Norfolk Tides) and athletic trainer Chris McDonald (Toledo Mud Hens). Cliburn, currently in his seventh season overall with the Red Wings, is currently in his 27th season in the Twins organization and was also a coach for the 2016 IL All-Star team.
Sambo, in his first year with the Tides, has spent 13 seasons in the Orioles organization. McDonald rounds out the IL's field staff, returning for a fifth season with the Mud Hens and 16th season within the Detroit Tigers organization.
In his career, PCL skipper Dave Brundage has amassed over 1,500 managerial victories in nearly two decades of managerial experience. Brundage, who made his managerial debut in 1995, is in his third season managing the River Cats. Prior to his time with the San Francisco Giants affiliate, Brundage spent four seasons with the IL's Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Philadelphia Phillies Triple-A) compiling a 286-289 (.497) record while leading the club to an 85-58 record in 2016, the second-best mark in all Triple-A baseball. A former fourth-round selection by the Phillies in 1986, the Portland, Oregon native spent 10 seasons in the minors with the Phillies and Seattle Mariners organizations.
Joining Brundage's staff will be pitching coach Pat Rice (Salt Lake Bees), coach Eric Martins (Las Vegas Aviators) and athletic trainer Dan Turner (El Paso). In his first season with the Bees, Rice previously served as pitching coach for the Double -A Mobile BayBears in 2018 and spent five years as the pitching coach for fellow-PCL club Fresno Grizzlies. Martins is currently in his fifth season overall as a hitting coach in the Oakland Athletics organization, and in his first year with the Aviators after spending the previous three seasons with the Nashville Sounds (2016-18) and one season with Double-A Midland of the Texas League in 2015. Turner rounds out the PCL field staff, serving as the athletic trainer, is in his ninth season with the Padres organization and has served as athletic trainer for the Chihuahuas over the last three years.
The RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game will be broadcast live on MLB Network. All-Star festivities in El Paso will begin with the Jarritos Triple-A Home Run Derby on Monday night, July 8. Fans who are interested in more information on the events, or would like to purchase tickets, are encouraged to visit the official website of the host El Paso Chihuahuas (epchihuahuas.com).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Andreoli Wallops Two Home Runs as Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Texas Remains Unpleasant for Aces - Reno Aces
- POSTGAME NOTES: Freeland Sharp as Isotopes Rally Falls Short - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds and Bees Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats' Dave Brundage to Lead PCL Field Staff for 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Sacramento River Cats
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Pat Rice Named to Triple-A All-Star Staff - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: Memphis Musica (29-41) vs Las Vegas Aviators (38-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Field Staffs Announced for 2019 RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game - PCL
- Ty France Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at SA - Reno Aces
- Pacific Coast League Players of the Week Named for June 10-16 - PCL
- Mills Wins PCL Weekly Honors - Iowa Cubs
- Fresno Evens Series, Beats Chasers 8-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Unleashing a Father's Day Special - San Antonio Missions
- Road Win Streak Runs its Course - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.