Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month"
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans have renewed their partnership with the Seneca Park Zoo to host "Defend the Ice Month", which begins on Wednesday, Feb. 1 and runs through the end of the month. The month-long campaign will focus on efforts to help raise awareness for polar bear and ice conservation primarily in the Arctic regions.
"Just like the Amerks depend on ice, polar bears depend on sea ice to survive," said Seneca Park Zoo Society President and CEO Pamela Reed Sanchez. "With no ice, there's no hockey. And if we continue to experience loss of sea ice in the Arctic, we will also lose polar bears. We are thrilled to team up once again to bring this message to hockey fans in Rochester and share how people can make a difference."
"The Amerks organization is excited to again team up with Seneca Park Zoo on this very worthwhile initiative," said Amerks Vice President of Business Operations Rob Minter. "We had a lot of success with this event over the last few seasons and I truly hope our efforts and that of the community's during these next few weeks continue to bring significant awareness and support to these organizations who are working tirelessly to ensure the continuation of the polar bear species. This is just another tremendous opportunity for all of us to do our part."
The Amerks will partake in several initiatives throughout Defend the Ice Month, presented by Seneca Park Zoo, including offering a variety of ticket programs to encourage involvement. Fans can receive $2 off a guest admission ticket to the Seneca Park Zoo now through March when you show your Amerks ticket or gameday program. Fans will also be able to make a donation to Polar Bears International, the leading organization dedicated solely to wild polar bears conservation, or the Seneca Park Zoo Society when they purchase tickets or merchandise at The Blue Cross Arena to any home game over the four-week span.
Additionally, all Zoo members and employees can take advantage of a special ticket offer for any Amerks home game throughout the month by visiting www.amerks.com/zoomember. Tickets are available for up to 25% off and the Amerks will donate $3 from every ticket purchased via the online offer back to Seneca Park Zoo Society and Polar Bears International.
The ZooMobile will be on-site for all four home games throughout the month, beginning on Friday, Feb. 10 against Springfield. Since 1986, The ZooMobile has provided fun and exciting educational services year-round at public events, offering new and interactive programming for all ages.
Highlighting the month's festivities is "Defend the Ice Night", presented by Seneca Park Zoo, on Friday, Feb. 24 when the Amerks host the Laval Rocket at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
The Amerks will also wear special polar bear-themed jerseys along with matching socks in support of polar bear awareness. Fans will have the opportunity to purchase the jerseys through an online auction on DASH. To access the auction, visit amerks.com/auction, or text "DASH" to 66866, click on the download link and install DASH on your mobile device. Fans can then create their own personal profile and select the Amerks as their favorite team to start bidding.
Fans can start bidding on the polar bear-themed jerseys the week leading up to the game through 10 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 24. Winners will then be contacted directly. Proceeds from the jersey auction will be donated to Seneca Park Zoo Society and Polar Bears International.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2023
- Petan's Hat Trick Lifts Iowa to 5-3 Win Over Texas, Wild Set Franchise Record with 12-Game Point Streak - Iowa Wild
- Wild Salvage Split of Series in Texas - Texas Stars
- Penguins Spoiled by T-Birds' Special Teams in 3-2 Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-3, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Jones Scores Highlight-Reel Goal, But Pack Doubled Up 4-2 by Bruins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Crunch, 4-3 - Utica Comets
- Bears Downed 5-2 by Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Peca's First Pushes T-Birds to 6th Straight Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Merkulov's Power Play Tally Lifts P-Bruins Past Wolf Pack - Providence Bruins
- Abbotsford Canucks Announce February Community & Fan Engagement Nights - Abbotsford Canucks
- Admirals Host Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jussi Olkinuora Departs for Europe - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ruslan Iskhakov Added to Atlantic Division Roster for the 2023 AHL All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Islanders
- Roster Changes Announced for 2023 Bell AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Notebook: Road Warriors, Finding Fits and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month" - Rochester Americans
- TJ Tynan Named AHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Tynan, Frank, Wallstedt Named AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Ethen Frank Named AHL Rookie of the Month for January - Hershey Bears
- Griffins & Sled Wings Sled Hockey Game Returns February 8 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Assign Defensemen Tim Berni, Marcus Bjork to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Texas Stars - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack Continue Homestand with Visit from Bruins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Aliaksei Protas Loaned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners' Four-Game Winning Streak Ends with Loss to Condors in Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Stop Eagles - Ontario Reign
- First-Period Meltdown Sinks Eagles in 5-2 Loss to Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Elmer Soderblom and Jakub Vrana Lift Grand Rapids to a 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.