Americans End Losing Skid, Beat Greenville 5-4
Greenville, SC - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), ended their three-game losing streak, beating the Greenville Swamp Rabbits 5-4 on Friday night in South Carolina.
The Americans offense exploded for five goals. One in the first, two in the second and two in the third. Samuel Laberge had his best game in an Allen sweater, scoring his fourth and fifth of the season. New players Scott Conway and Krystov Hrabik both added their first of the season. It was Hrabik's first professional goal. Corey Makin continued his red-hot play scoring his team-leading 12th of the season.
"It was great to see our offense come around," said Samuel Laberge." We have struggled of late, but last night we started to see signs that things were coming around. Now we need to put another solid game together and win the series tomorrow night.
The Swamp Rabbits battled back from a 3-1 deficit in the third period to tie the game at 3-3, but the Americans answered with two straight goals to regain their two-goal lead. Greenville answered one more time as Greg Meireles cut the lead to one goal, with his sixth of the season late in the final frame, but Justin Kapelmaster made several big saves in the final 90 seconds to secure the Allen win.
The same two teams battle it out on Saturday night as the Americans go for the series win. Puck drop is at 6:05 pm CST.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2021
- Nine Lives for Blades as Win Streak Continues - Florida Everblades
- Rabbits Erase Third Period Deficit, Drop Late 5-4 Decision to Allen - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Rally to Beat Komets 3-2 in Overtime - Indy Fuel
- Rookies Make Game 2,000 Memorable for Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans End Losing Skid, Beat Greenville 5-4 - Allen Americans
- Wheeling Defeats Utah 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Weekend Preview vs. Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Devante Stephens Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ian McKinnon Earns AHL Call-Up with Providence - Jacksonville IceMen
- Veteran Forward Pelech Joins the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 26 - ECHL
- Alex Dubeau Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Gameday Preview: Allen at Greenville, 6:05 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Grizz Preview: Utah at Wheeling, February 26, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Welcome Academy Sports + Outdoors as New Corporate Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 26 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Win Streak on the Line vs. Rays - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.