Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 26 at 7:30 PM
SC Stingrays at Florida Everblades
Friday, February 26, 2021 at Hertz Arena at 7:30 PM
Broadcast Info: Watch live on FloHockey | Listen via Mixlr
FULL STINGRAYS GAME NOTES
About Today's Game: The South Carolina Stingrays are set to continue their 3-game series down in Estero, Florida against the Everblades Friday night at Hertz Arena. In the opener on Wednesday, SC erased a deficit in the third period to force overtime but came up short in a shootout by a 4-3 score. It was the team's third straight loss in extra time. The Rays are looking to get back in the win column and break a five-game skid against Florida. The Everblades have been the hottest team in the ECHL, winning eight consecutive games and securing points in 10 straight. Their last loss came to South Carolina in Estero on Jan. 29. Florida holds second place in the Eastern Conference standings with a points percentage of .788. The Rays are looking to make up ground in the standings and are currently just behind Orlando for fourth place in the east. The Everblades have the league's top offense and best defense, scoring just under four goals per game while allowing only 2.23 tallies per contest. SC ranks eighth in the league on the penalty kill with a success rate of 83.0%.
Scouting the Everblades: Florida is in second place in the ECHL's Eastern Conference after 26 games with a 20-5-0-1 record. The Blades have earned points in 10 straight games and are 11-2-0-1 at home this season. Their top offensive attack is led by captain John McCarron, who has totaled 25 points in 26 games on 13 goals and 12 assists. Just behind him is forward Michael Huntebrinker, who has earned 23 points with a team-leading 14 goals along with nine assists. Forward Alex Kile has also reached the 20-point mark (8g, 12a), while attacker Blake Winiecki has 18 points (8g, 10a). Defender Logan Roe has continued his dominance at the ECHL level, posting nine points (3g, 6a) as well as a league-high +25 rating. In net, Devin Cooley has appeared in 12 games while earning a 7-4-0 record with one shutout, a goals-against of 2.32 and a 0.923 save percentage.
Upcoming Home Games
Wednesday, March 3 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, March 5 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 6 vs. Jacksonville, 6:05 p.m.
Friday, March 19 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 20 vs. Fort Wayne, 6:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2021
- Nine Lives for Blades as Win Streak Continues - Florida Everblades
- Rabbits Erase Third Period Deficit, Drop Late 5-4 Decision to Allen - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Rally to Beat Komets 3-2 in Overtime - Indy Fuel
- Rookies Make Game 2,000 Memorable for Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans End Losing Skid, Beat Greenville 5-4 - Allen Americans
- Wheeling Defeats Utah 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Weekend Preview vs. Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Devante Stephens Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ian McKinnon Earns AHL Call-Up with Providence - Jacksonville IceMen
- Veteran Forward Pelech Joins the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 26 - ECHL
- Alex Dubeau Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Gameday Preview: Allen at Greenville, 6:05 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Grizz Preview: Utah at Wheeling, February 26, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Welcome Academy Sports + Outdoors as New Corporate Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 26 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Win Streak on the Line vs. Rays - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.