Allen Holds off Jacks for 3-2 Win
ODESSA, TX - Two goals in the first five minutes of the third period was the difference as the Allen Americans (33-8-1) held on in the end for a 3-2 win over the Odessa Jackalopes (20-22-5) on Friday night at the Allen Events Center. It was the first time in four meetings that the home team won a contest between the two clubs, and the third one-goal decision this year.
Colton Yellow Horn at 3:35 and Nino Musitelli at 4:23 were the Americans' goal-scorers in the third period. Scott Campbell finished with 31 saves to preserve the Allen win.
Bruce Graham opened the game's scoring with the only goal of the first period on the power play with 2:06 to play in the frame.
The Jackalopes countered in period two with a power play by Mike Ramsay at 6:27 and a shorthanded tally by Mark Ehl with 9:23 to play.
David McKee finished the game with 24 saves for the Jacks.
The two teams close their weekend set on Saturday at 7:00 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2011
- Allen Holds off Jacks for 3-2 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Defending Champs Down Sundogs, 4-2 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavs Clip Eagles in OT, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Stave Off Jacks 3-2 - Allen Americans
- PrairieThunder Defeat RiverKings Again in Overtime 4-3 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gems claim 2-1 overtime victory over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Texas tops Tulsa - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Deleurme, Bloomington Beats RiverKings in Overtime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Slow Start Burns Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Take First of Three in OT, 2-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Surge Past Fort Wayne 4-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Bees' Shorthanded Attack Beats Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Three Shorthanded Goals Leads Bees To 5-3 Win - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mudbugs Take the Plunge for Special Olympics - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Eagles Sign Dynamic European Andrej Hebar - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Return Home for Weekend Set Against Arizona - Rapid City Rush
- Game Day - RiverKings at Bloomington - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Host 'Bugs Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for February 11, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.