Admirals Sign Madison Native Brad Winchester to PTO
Milwaukee, WI--The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed Madison native and University of Wisconsin alum Brad Winchester to a Professional Try-Out (PTO).
A veteran of nearly 400 NHL contests, Winchester played last season with the San Jose Sharks where he totaled six goals and four assists for ten points in 67 contests. In his NHL career he has scored 37 goals, dished out 31 assists and amassed 552 penalty minutes in 390 games with the Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, Dallas Stars, and Edmonton Oilers.
Winchester played at UW from 1999 through 2003 and collected 84 points (40g-44a). He was drafted by Edmonton in the 2nd round of the 2000 NHL entry draft and split time between the Oilers and their AHL affiliate from 2003 through 2007. He played one season for the Dallas Stars in 2007-08 before signing with St. Louis. Winchester played three seasons for the Blues, and scored a career-high 13 goals in the 2008-09 season. He was traded to Anaheim towards the end of the 2010-11 campaign and then signed as a free agent in San Jose prior to the 2011-12 season.
Winchester will look to make his Admirals debut when the team returns to the BMO Harris Bradley Center Wednesday night to take on the Houston Aeros at 7:00 pm.
For tickets fans should call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price. For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2013
- Nyquist and McCollum Return to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Madison Native Brad Winchester to PTO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Eddy Recalled, Tuzzolino Reassigned - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- American Hockey League announces suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Look to Extend Division Lead Before All-Star Break - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Stewart To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Look To Stay Hot At Home This Weekend Heading Into All-Star Break - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs, St. Mary's Bank & Trinity Partner To Put Hunger On Ice - Manchester Monarchs
- Ron Wilson Relieved Of Duties As Assistant Coach - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- You Could Win Your Own Hockey Card Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Texas Stars Release Joey Martin From PTO - Texas Stars
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Senators reassign goaltender Robin Lehner to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Red Wings Recall Nyquist - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Release Defenseman Kent Huskins from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Schroeder and Vandermeer Swap Places - Chicago Wolves
- Multi-Million Dollar Renovation and Expansion Project Begins at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Partner with MHAST, D.I.F.D. for Power to the Purple Night - Binghamton Senators
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Hershey Bears Weekly - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Appoint Communications Director - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch announce details of Ale N Angus Thunderstick giveaway set for January 25 - Syracuse Crunch
- Anderson, Flemming Brought Up From Reading Royals - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Escape Binghamton with 3-2 Win - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.