19 Hit Performance Helps T-Bones Bounce Back
WINNIPEG, Mantiboa, - Goodbye America, hello Canada. The Kansas City T-Bones (16-13) left their recent woes in the United States and dominated the Winnipeg Goldeyes (16-13) with a strong offensive performance in the fourth and sixth innings. Three-runs in each inning helped lock down the game for Kansas City with a final score of 9-3
After losing two games in a row, the T-Bones came out swinging Monday night against the Goldeyes. Dylan Tice started off the top of the card and singled to right field against Winnipeg's Charle Rosario. Todd Cunningham also got on base before Nick Torres helped get Kansas City on the board first with an RBI single.
The T-Bones kept it rolling in the fourth with Adrian Nieto reaching first base on an error at shortstop by Andrew Sohn. Keith Curcio got on base with a single before Tucker Pennell had a two run RBI single. Angel Rosa hit a single to center field before Todd Cunningham hit a slow roller up the left side sending Pennell home making the score 4-0. Rosa's 12th and 13th RBI in the top of the 5th sent Curcio and Nieto home making the score 6-0.
The top of the 6th proved to be a productive inning for the T-Bones. Cunningham led off with a walk and Nick Torres hit a single to center field setting up a Zach Walters RBI double making the score 7-0. An ground ball fielders choice to first by Kjerstad brought Torres home and the T-Bones just kept rolling. Curcio's 14th double on the season followed putting the T-Bones up 9-0.
The Goldeyes eventually got on the board in the bottom of the 6th. Dave Sappelt hit a single to center field before Reggie Abercrombie hit a two-run home run cutting the T-Bone lead 9-2. The Goldeyes would score again in the 7th inning off an RBI by Andrew Sohn but that was as close as Winnipeg would get to Kansas City.
Tommy Collier (2-3) was tonight's winning pitcher tossing a quality start. He threw 6.2 innings for the T-Bones and with seven strikeouts charged with three earned runs on three hits. Jackson Lowery pitched 1.1 innings of scoreless baseball while Francisco Gracesqui threw a scoreless ninth to close out the game.
Winnipegs' Charle Rosario (2-2) was tonight's losing pitcher. He finished the game with 11 hit and six runs in five innings. Nick Torres extended his hitting streak to 14 games while Todd Cunningham had the teams third four hit night of the season going 4-for-5. The bottom four in the T-Bones order went a combined 9-for-19 while the team reached a new season high in hits with 19.
Kansas City looks to extend their winning streak Tuesday in Winnipeg against the Goldeyes at Shaw Park. The first pitch is at 7:05 pm and you can hear all the action live with the "Voice of the T-Bones", Dan Vaughn, on the T-Bones Broadcast Network.
Individual tickets, season, group, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium or 24/7 at www.tbonesbaseball.com . Call the Box Office at 913-328-5618. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday -Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to www.tbonesbaseball.com. and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 19, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Keep Rolling in Winnipeg - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dogs Score Season High Nine Runs for Third Win in Four Games - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Score Early to Beat Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Clutch Hitting, Bullpen Lead Wingnuts to Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- McNutt Shuts Down X's in Loss - Sioux City Explorers
- Missed Opportunities the Difference in Canaries Loss to Wingnuts - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Fall to Dogs in First-Ever Meeting - Texas AirHogs
- 'Cats End 3-Game Losing Streak with 3-1 Win over Railroaders - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Tuesday Game Postponed, Doubleheader at Haymarket Park on Wednesday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints and Saltdogs Rained Out, Doubleheader Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Activate OF John Price Jr. from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Set to Face Former Husker Hitter-Turned Knuckleballer Dan Johnson Tonight - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Getting the Band Back Together: Saltdogs Ink 2017 HR Leader Randolph Oduber - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 19 Hit Performance Helps T-Bones Bounce Back - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Can't Slow Saints Offense in 15-9 Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Score a Season High in Runs, Thrash Saltdogs 15-9 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Beat Goldeyes to Open Series - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.