'Cats End 3-Game Losing Streak with 3-1 Win over Railroaders
Gary, Ind. - Three runs in the bottom of the first, seven innings of one-run ball from Daniel Minor and two scoreless innings from Adam Quintana out of the bullpen led the Gary SouthShore RailCats to a 3-1 win over the Cleburne Railroaders on a foggy Tuesday night at U.S. Steel Yard. Tuesday's win snapped Gary's season-high-tying three game losing streak and improved the RailCats record to 11-0 when outhitting their opponent.
Gary (16-13) took their first lead of the six-game homestand with three runs in the first. Alex Crosby recorded the first hit of the game with a hustle-double off the top of the first base bag. Andy De Jesus followed with an RBI single to right, bringing home Crosby and advancing to second on the throw to the plate. Colin Willis doubled the 'Cats lead with an RBI double to right-center alley before scoring from second on a wild pitch from Jared Mortensen.
Cleburne (12-18) scored their only run on Blake Grant-Parks' two-out solo home run to right-center. Grant-Park's homer was his third of the season and one of the Railroaders five hits on the evening.
Minor (4-2) picked up the win after allowing just one run on four hits, one walk and three strikeouts over seven innings in his fourth consecutive quality start. Quintana (2) recorded his second consecutive save after retiring six of the seven batters he faced, three via the strikeout, in two shutout innings of relief.
Mortensen (1-2) was charged with the loss after allowing three runs over 5.2 innings for Cleburne. The right-hander yielded seven hits, three walks and five strikeouts.
Gary continues their three-game series on Wednesday afternoon at 12:10 p.m. vs. Cleburne. LHP Alex Gunn (3-2, 2.39) make his league-high-tying eighth against Railroaders RHP Dylan Mouzakes (1-1, 3.81) in the middle game of the series.
Wednesday's game is Youth and Senior Day, presented by RCS Home Health Care, an RCS Health Fair and another Wine Wednesday, Pretzel Day, NorthShore Health Centers Wednesday, and another "Office" Wednesday. Fans can sign up for the "Office Olympics" Jersey Auction during the game and can purchase $2.50 Bavarian Pretzels and $4 Barefoot Wine and Barefoot Refresh Spritzers.
Jared Shlensky and Brennan Mense bring you all 100 RailCats game this season on WEFM (95.9 FM) and online at railcatsbaseball.com. Ticket packages for the 2018 Gary SouthShore RailCats season are available online at railcatsbaseball.com and can also be purchased by calling the RailCats ticket line at (219) 882-BALL. The RailCats box office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 19, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Keep Rolling in Winnipeg - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dogs Score Season High Nine Runs for Third Win in Four Games - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Score Early to Beat Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Clutch Hitting, Bullpen Lead Wingnuts to Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- McNutt Shuts Down X's in Loss - Sioux City Explorers
- Missed Opportunities the Difference in Canaries Loss to Wingnuts - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Fall to Dogs in First-Ever Meeting - Texas AirHogs
- 'Cats End 3-Game Losing Streak with 3-1 Win over Railroaders - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Tuesday Game Postponed, Doubleheader at Haymarket Park on Wednesday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints and Saltdogs Rained Out, Doubleheader Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Activate OF John Price Jr. from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Set to Face Former Husker Hitter-Turned Knuckleballer Dan Johnson Tonight - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Getting the Band Back Together: Saltdogs Ink 2017 HR Leader Randolph Oduber - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 19 Hit Performance Helps T-Bones Bounce Back - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Can't Slow Saints Offense in 15-9 Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Score a Season High in Runs, Thrash Saltdogs 15-9 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Beat Goldeyes to Open Series - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- Willis, Crosby, De Jesus & Others Return to RailCats in 2019
- RailCats Announce Staff Additions and Promotions for 2019 Season
- RailCats Acquire Veteran Reliever Carvallo from Cleburne
- RailCats Acquire Southpaw Schaenzer from Can-Am League
- RailCats Acquire Infielder Figueroa from Atlantic League